Solved! General Laptop Performance Fix

nik.fokos

Great
Mar 20, 2018
Hello people.
I have a huge problem about my laptop...
First I have to say that my laptop is a Pavilion G6-1060sv It's about 6 years old, it's specs are:
Processor: Inter i3-2310M 2.1 GHz 64-bit
Graphics: Intel HD 3000
RAM: 8GB 2x4 1333~1333(MHz)
Anti-Virus: Bitdefender Internet Security 2019

My problem is that I have updated the latest drivers (including the graphics driver*)
*From Intel's Website the HD 3000 latest driver is: 15.28.24.4229

HP has a program that can read you system and install the best drivers for your system..
The graphics driver for HD 3000 from HP's Website is 8.15.10.2559 which is not the latest but it claims that is compatible for my system and I'm not sure if the system can hold the latest driver...

I Downloaded Intel's Graphic Driver and since then, windows just got crazy...
I have seen better Gaming performance but First: Windows Update is not working properly: when I press "Check for Updates" It says that the service is not working try restarting your computer.
Second: (Control Panel\Performance Information and Tools\Advanced Tools) performance issues reports a problem with the Graphic Kernel Mode:
Device: Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000
Date reported: Sut Sep 8, 2018 4:37 p.m.
Time taken 0.2 seconds

If you no longer use the device, consider uninstalling it. For more information,
click on Help

I have downloaded reinstalled many drivers, many times, I don't know if this file is useless and is no longer in use from the computer because there is an other one...

Third: On the Event Log there is an ENDLESS list of Warnings, Errors, Critical errors about boot, shutdown, standby performance... but I believe that's because of the anti-virus...

Plus: The Health Report log reports a missing driver... it's not referring what kind of driver it's missing... Take a look:

Error

Symptom: A service is reported as having an unexpected error code
Cause: One or more services has failed. The service did not stop gracefully, suggesting the service may have crashed or one of its components stopped in an unsupported way.
Details: Service exited with code not equal to 0 or 1077
Resolution: Restart the service
Related: Performance Diagnosis

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Symptom: Device drivers are not installed.
Cause: A driver has not been installed for this device preventing it from working properly.
Details: The device driver for #UNKNOWN# has not been installed. This device will not be available until the correct device driver is installed.
Resolution: 1. Try installing the drivers using Windows Update.
2. Install the drivers that are on the installation media that came with the device.
3. Check with the manufacturer for an updated driver.
Related: Explanation of Error Codes Generated by Device Manager

Please help me fix the following issues.