Get Ready to Be Taxed for Online Music

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Vote Republican...McCain is not behind this movement and says no taxes on the Internet under his watch!

magicandy

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2008
McCain doesn't even use a computer so I really don't think we should take seriously anything he claims he'll do or not do about the internet, let alone the fact that you're basically throwing your vote away by giving it to any of the candidates influenced by large campaign-donating companies and their interests (read: all of the ones the media focuses on).

G

STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another reason for them to take our money. What is the government doing with all this money. Great another reason for people to do things overseas. Taxes Taxes. I will never buy music and when I make money on the side I will never claim it I can't afford to claim. Tax the rich more not middle class.

martel80

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2006
[citation][nom]Demetre[/nom]What is the government doing with all this money.[/citation]You know, someone has to pay for all those missiles and bombs used in Iraq. :)

soloman02

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2007
It's not that paying $0.06 will burden most buyers, it is the principle of it. We are taxed enough as it is. I live in NH where there is no sales or income tax (only fed income tax) and I still feel that I pay too much in taxes. Plus, only only a student making $9 an hours. I can only imagine what my federal taxes will be when I have my EE degree, let alone any state income taxes if I move to CA/MA/ME.

If the dumbasses in DC and state legislatures wouldn't waste so much money they would need to add more taxes.

G

Since I pay a silly amount in taxes already, I refuse to accept online taxes. According to the original constitution (not the bastardized version we have with amendments created out of greed) income taxes are illegal. The only viable taxes in the original constitution were property taxes, imagine what the founding fathers would think about this new development. Until the government can successfully account for the money that American citizens pony up annually ($40K for a hammer my A$$), and start spending responsibly, I'll gladly go to overseas sites to purchase my music or any other goods I need should they start to further the tyrannically oppressive tax code.

Status
Not open for further replies.