Getting a blank white screen after rebuilding a laptop.

jamesbones626

Estimable
Dec 12, 2014
Alright so, ive got an asus x55a laptop. I bought it used and in pieces. I was going to sell it for parts and realized most of the parts were there. So I put it together. Everything seemed to be fine and seemed to have no damage. I did not have a hard drive ram wifi card or screen. But I do have a lot of extra parts laying around. The ram I have is the right ram its a 1333 and 10600. It used to have a 12800 on it but I didn't think that spec mattered as long as the 1333 is the same. Now I put a screen on it and I do not know if the screen is 100 percent compatible but it does connect and does turn on but I just get a white screen. The only things I don't have connected right now is the wifi card and the touchpad. I have the webcam, hard drive, ram, keyboard, power button and pretty much everything else connected. Ive tried starting without a hard drive and ive tried reconnecting the screen cables. Could this be a ram issue or do you think this is because the screen might not be compatible? Or could this just be beause I don't have everything hooked up. Not sure and need help.

It being a used laptop of unknown pedigree, there's no way to say for sure what is going on here but I will suspect offhand that it's a compatibility issue with the display you're hooked up to. Have you tried an external display through it's VGA (or other) port (I'm not even sure that would work but...)

jamesbones626

Estimable
Dec 12, 2014

Yeah i tried going through an HDMI port and nothing happened. I can push fn f5 i think it is to turn the screen off but when i try to switch displays it just stays and does nothing.