Ghostery Browser Plugin Reveals Every Company That Tracks You

Status
Not open for further replies.

vipersporthp

Estimable
Mar 10, 2014
I have been using Ghostery for months .This is this page alone:AT InternetAnalyticsDoubleClickAdvertisingGigya SocializeWidgetsGoogle AnalyticsAnalyticsGoogle Tag ManagerWidgetsLotameBeaconsOutbrainWidgetsVibrant AdsAdvertising

cryogenic

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2006
On Tom's I'm tracked by: AdRollAlmondNetAMP PlatformAppNexusAT InternetBizoBounce ExchangeCross Pixel MediaDatalogixDoubleClickeStateXelateFacebook ConnectFacebook Social GraphFacebook Social PluginsGigya SocializeGoogle +1Google AdsenseGoogle AdWords ConversionGoogle AnalyticsGoogle Tag ManagerLotameMediaMathNetRatings SiteCensusQuantcastRight MediaScoreCard Research BeaconSimpli.fiTwitter ButtonThanks Tom's!

icepick314

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2002
So how is Ghostery compared to DoNotTrackMe?I've been using DNTM and so far I think it's okay warning me about trackings on websites.Pretty sure all those tracking companies hate these kinds of software and plugins like Ghostery, DNTM, and Adblock Plus....

oyoy

Honorable
Oct 13, 2013
Certainly be interesting to read a thorough comparative article that summarizes the other 5-10 leading plugins in the field, including conflicts between multiple plugs, achievements (cons/pros) and choosing the number one recommendation (In a similar vein to other articles on the site).* Is there any conflicts during additional plugins running in parallel (eg. AdBlock-Mask Me)?

MoonMe2

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2008
I didn't know of this plug-in. I'm trying it now and I must say, that my load times have definitely improved. And scrolling with the mouse wheel is much smoother. Weird.Do these tracking thingies really affect browser performance?

das_stig

Distinguished
Ghostery has been around for a long time and although some may find this article interesting, it is just lazy article. Would have been of more benefit to actually have done a comparison of privacy plugins across the main browsers !

Status
Not open for further replies.