Ghosting

Doug77

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
Can you create a ghost image of an operating system from an operating system that has been ghosted?

G

This topic has been moved from the section Forum Feedback to section Applications by Grumpy9117

Eh what? Let's see if I follow this. You had a ghost image, you extracted that on a PC, then want to make a second ghost image off that? If that's the case, sure you can clone the drive again, once you place the image on a system, it does not care nor really know how it got there.

Doug77

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
Thank you. I appreciate your response and candor. You brought a smile to my face with the opening. (Eh what?)lol Anyway, in my CR class - yes I'm a geek in the making - we were having trouble trying to ghost an operating system using ghosted images of windows xp. It never worked out so we ended up just installing the original operating system and then ghosting that to a new HDD. :pt1cable:

Once you install an image onto a PC, it does not matter how it got there to the computer and hard-drive, it will allow that PC to be imaged again. I do this all the time during testing. Image a base build, install stuff, test, image the new build, and so on. The issues you were having were probably something else, not related to the actual act of imaging. Maybe you had a hardware conflict between the systems, or a different chipset or drive controller issue.