Ghosts N Goblins NES Cart On eBay for $5,000

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rollerdisco

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2010
[citation][nom]tokenz[/nom]My mom used to buy 2 of every Masters of the Universe action figure for me. We put most of them on garage sale. I still wish I had some of those in mint.[/citation]

Well if she was a fan of collecting, that is one thing, but if she did it because she wanted you to stop crying when you broke it, and not teach you to not break it in the first place. That is something entirely different. And that is want i was saying.

rollerdisco

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2010
[citation][nom]cloudberry[/nom]I'd say the awful mom award goes to the unfortunate lady who reared that discourteous, foul demeanor of yours.[/citation]

Yeah your right, lets coddle kids until they shoot up schools and cant hold a job, because that sounds better.
Sorry if my harsh words hurt your little ears, maybe you needed to hear it.

liquidchild

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010
[citation][nom]XZaapryca[/nom]Some of us 30somethings with cash to burn might still be interested in having a bit of our childhood back. Why was this game so hard? lol[/citation] ya it was like threading a needle in the dark. I'd say bad controls but I'm no expert

angelraiter

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2007
Rich people are stupid. 5 grand for something that will probably end up on a shelf and be looked at a few times a year just seems insane to me. Donate to charity if you don't know what to do with your money.

rollerdisco

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2010
[citation][nom]liquidchild[/nom]Well considering I have not shot any school up and have a good job...I'd say your cloned Glenn Beck brain is full of fail. What I did(and still do) have is a mother who cared enough about a 6 year olds feeling to do what she felt was good and not listen to evil drones like you. You'll most likely take your mom out back and shoot her when she becomes a burden to you. I feel sorry for your kids if any hag was dumb enough to fuck you.[/citation]

Funny you should mention kids, i have 1 and she is a little angel. But when she cries i don't go running to the crib. maybe that is why she has slept through the night since she was 2 months old.

As for the school shootings was not talking about you necessarily, but just the coddled type.

You wont understand until you have kids, unless you do, and if so i hope they turn out ok.

liquidchild

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010
[citation][nom]rollerdisco[/nom]Well if she was a fan of collecting, that is one thing, but if she did it because she wanted you to stop crying when you broke it, and not teach you to not break it in the first place. That is something entirely different. And that is want i was saying.[/citation]Wait a second, Glenn Beck brain wants someone to choose how a kid plays with a toy? Very eastern block of you comrade. What kind of an asshat controls how a child uses his/her toys, and for the record she bought the toys in doubles before I broke them it was not to get me to stop crying it was to make me happy if a toy of mine broke, the crying part was an over-exaggeration. Ive noticed your posts sense I've been a member and you have NEVER posted anything but trolling bullshit. Why don't you go sit in your garage with your car turned on for an hour and see if your posts improve(spoiler alert...they will)

rollerdisco

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2010
[citation][nom]liquidchild[/nom]Wait a second, Glenn Beck brain wants someone to choose how a kid plays with a toy? Very eastern block of you comrade. What kind of an asshat controls how a child uses his/her toys, and for the record she bought the toys in doubles before I broke them it was not to get me to stop crying it was to make me happy if a toy of mine broke, the crying part was an over-exaggeration. Ive noticed your posts sense I've been a member and you have NEVER posted anything but trolling bullshit. Why don't you go sit in your garage with your car turned on for an hour and see if your posts improve(spoiler alert...they will)[/citation]

Well i was waiting for the troll comment to come out, i was going to apologize to everyone for it, but people like you bring it out.

I like your attempts to troll back with the Glenn Beck comments, he is a crazy dude, but you seems to know him well.

Lastly i was not trying to tell a child how to play with a toy, only saying if the child breaks it, lets not run and grab the backup. Teach the kid not to break it to begin with, doing what your mother did only reinforces bad behavior well into adulthood.

But i know your mad now, goes back to what i was saying. don't break you monitor....unless your mom has a backup waiting for you.

liquidchild

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010
[citation][nom]mousemonkey[/nom]The next time I see the F-bomb used I'm going to hand out bans like they were candy.[/citation]I did not know cussing was banned, I'll stop, I just don't take kindly to people insulting my moms parenting skills just cuz they do things differently.

liquidchild

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010
[citation][nom]rollerdisco[/nom]Well i was waiting for the troll comment to come out, i was going to apologize to everyone for it, but people like you bring it out.I like your attempts to troll back with the Glenn Beck comments, he is a crazy dude, but you seems to know him well.Lastly i was not trying to tell a child how to play with a toy, only saying if the child breaks it, lets not run and grab the backup. Teach the kid not to break it to begin with, doing what your mother did only reinforces bad behavior well into adulthood.But i know your mad now, goes back to what i was saying. don't break you monitor....unless your mom has a backup waiting for you.[/citation]Ya ill teach my kids to not play with toys rough and only look at them in a glass box. If you want to teach your kid that if something breaks you never get it again go for it but keep it to yourself i dont really care how you raise your kids, why do you care how mine are raise or how i was raised? Besides i dont even think you understand what my mom did, i never broke one of my toys on purpose and if i did i bet i would of gotten all my toys taken away. Accidents happen, i hope when accidents happen in your home you dont use them as a training exercise, kids have all the time in the world to get talked down to, they dont need it from the ones they love.

liquidchild

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010
well this is fun but i have to go now..my child just woke up from a nap and im planning on coddling her by changing her diaper and hugging her...im such a bad parent.

braneman

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
OMG its mint condition I can buy it to never open it and sell it in 30 years... or I could have five thousand dollars to do whatever I wanted with.

redgarl

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2009
[citation][nom]JasonAkkerman[/nom]Still, for that price, big spenders could simply ignore the need for 8-bit nostalgia and buy a smoking-hot gaming PC... and just play the ROM on an NES emulator. Sounds like a better buy, honestly.Did Toms just advocate piracy?[/citation]

You really need to ask yourself who is the REAL thief here...

someguynamedmatt

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2010
[citation][nom]hellwig[/nom]I think all those old ROM sites used to have some sort of disclaimer about how they were for backups only and had to be deleted after 24 hours blah blah blah.Still, this is obviously a collectors item, not for playing with. Suggesting an emulator would be like telling someone to just go buy MLB 2011 and an XBox with the money they spent buying an autographed Babe Ruth baseball.[/citation]

Agreed... if this is really perfect mint in the factory-sealed package, nobody in the right mind would rip it open to run it on an Emulator.

Antimatter79

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
[citation][nom]XZaapryca[/nom]Some of us 30somethings with cash to burn might still be interested in having a bit of our childhood back. Why was this game so hard? lol[/citation]

Yeah, but I'm not so sure the mint condish item helps bring back the magic, but maybe a nice return on investment in another decade, possibly. Now, getting a used copy for 2 bux that you can actually play, that would do it. The game was ridiculously hard, borderline impossible IMO. I never got past the 2nd area w/o cheating.

Status
Not open for further replies.