Good gaming laptop

oldgameer

Estimable
Nov 15, 2015
I have been looking for good gaming laptops for a while and i have found these:
http://www.galador.ee/30/3100217-acer-e5-772g-17-3-i5-5200u-8gb-1tb-gf940-2gb-vram-dvd-ac-bt-hdmi-camer

http://faun.ee/nb-e5-573g-ci5-5200u-15-eng8gb1tb-lin-nxmw6el009-acer
What is your budget? max 700€

2. What is the notebook that you are considering? Im currently considering Acer e5-573g or e5-772g

3. What screen resolution do you want? Nothing in particular, maybe resolutions of 1080 and above?

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Portable

5. How much battery life do you need? The laptop will be plugged in, so it won't matter.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? I want to be able to play most modern games on High.
GTA V
Metro (all versions)
Crysis
Farcry
Max Payne 3

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) Surfing the web/watching movies.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? Anywhere between 500gb - 1tb, SSD would be great

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. N/A

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? I have no idea, until it doesn't work anymore?

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? Doesn't matter

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. Intel and Nvidia, i do not trust amd and ati combo.

13. What country do you live in? Estonia

My budget is max 700€, feel free to suggest gaming laptops.

duudex

Estimable
Nov 16, 2015
a 940m card is really weak for gaming.

i would go no lower then 860/960 if u looking for a decent gaming laptop. there are a couple in your price range on amazon though im not sure if it ships to where u live.

for gaming you always want your nvidia card's second number to be 6 or higher or it will run very poorly.

Both those laptops come with Linux, which means you either need to purchase a Windows license or make sure all the games you want to play have a Linux client, that will add abut an $80-90 cost to the system.

Neither of them can play new games on High, or even Medium. Low and some will still be slow to play.

As above, an 860/960m card is the lowest you want for a "gaming" laptop, that should get you to smooth game play on Low and Medium for most games.