Good Laptops under 800 $

brw02005

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2006
Depends on what your looking for. Your def not getting much of a graphics card at that price. I would suggest a dell inspiron 1420. It's got Core 2 duo (only 1.5ghz) 2 gb ram 160 gig HD at the base $800. Going to have to pay more if you want bluetooth, webcam, case, or a graphics card. The Ubuntu version starts at like $750 if your into that. I really haven't seen a better deal in that range at least with good battery life.

lostandwandering

Distinguished
Remember Dell has coupons online that will help even more. Up to 30% off on certain systems.

brw is right, you won't get much for 800. Look for a Dual Core (either AMD or Intel) at least 1gb or RAM and a 5400rpm HDD. If you can, try and get a low end graphics card. Integrated won't get you very far in terms of games.

lostandwandering

Distinguished
Generally that means that someone bought it and had a problem with it. It was then sent back to the manu to be fixed and re-sold. I don't think it's bad if it saves you money. My desktop came as a recert fro Dell and I've had no problems with it for 3 years now. Check out the Dell Outlet, you should be able to find some nice stuff in your price range.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
HotPotato9920 Laptop General Discussion 1
mkbnk Laptop General Discussion 1
vinayskywalker Laptop General Discussion 1
Angellojamss Laptop General Discussion 1
Z Laptop General Discussion 5
H Laptop General Discussion 3
P Laptop General Discussion 2
E Laptop General Discussion 1
Ronei Daselva Laptop General Discussion 1
csr___ Laptop General Discussion 5
PranavPerson Laptop General Discussion 1