Good News: Internet Users Not Antisocial

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Onyx2291

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2009
I'd say I've increased social (not in person) contact with people since I've started using the internet etc. Talking to a lot more people who relate to you instead of maybe a few you know in person.

Platypus

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
I know I'll only get called a grammar-nazi for this, but the difference is kind of important. The behavior cited in the article refers to "asocial" (isolationism and lack of communication). Antisocial refers to taking hostile actions against others and persistently violating their rights. Antisocial is violent, whereas asocial just wants to be left alone.

I hope I don't get flamed too much for that one. :)

ElectroGoofy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
[citation][nom]Platypus[/nom]I know I'll only get called a grammar-nazi for this, but the difference is kind of important. The behavior cited in the article refers to "asocial" (isolationism and lack of communication
). Antisocial refers to taking hostile actions against others and persistently violating their rights. Antisocial is violent, whereas asocial just wants to be left alone. I hope I don't get flamed too much for that one.[/citation]

I commend you on your courage to point this out! I would never have known ;)

I have seen so many grammatical errors online that I have wanted to correct SO bad, but decided not to because I don't like the idea of getting flamed ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.