Good overall Laptop

Seeda

Commendable
Jul 2, 2016
So I need to buy a gaming laptop but I don't know what to choose
I want it to have gtx 1070, 16gb ram, Intel I7, a 1920 x 1080 display and a size of around 17 inch.
I found some laptops that have this but I need one that have a good cooling system
Do you know anything like that? thanks alot!

Solution
I do, yeah.
I just use an old Haswell i5 4210u workstation laptop for portability tbh, I don't see much use for gaming laptops unless you're constantly going on business trips or going overseas in which case it's more convenient.
For going between houses with split parents or something or going between locations it's much more convenient just to get a small ITX system and a monitor, gives you a far better experience.
It's not like you're gonna game with the trackpad really is it?
My point is with the tiny battery life, high thermal output and jet engine acoustics it has little purpose really.
Max-Q might change that, but there's still the deal of whipping out a mouse and mousepad, when you're out and about you're not going to pull out...

Seeda

Commendable
Jul 2, 2016

Moving out, can't use a stationary system cuz I will be moving from place to place, but yeah the prices of regular pc's are much better :/

Tom Waller

Estimable
Jan 14, 2015
Maybe go for a mATX PC, Easily to move around due to size,. A monitor and peripherals wouldn't be too difficult to move about. Gaming laptops have both for's and against's. But if you want bang for your buck, go for a desktop. There's even cases with handles :)

Seeda

Commendable
Jul 2, 2016

That's a good idea but I need a screen and can't take the pc and screen with me every time ':D
Budget is not an issue

Seeda

Commendable
Jul 2, 2016

MMM again the small pc is a cool idea but I can't move around a mouse keyboard and a monitor (case with an handle sounds awsome duo haha)
I know that the laptops are kinda pricy but still, do you guys know any good ones?

Seeda

Commendable
Jul 2, 2016

people online are saying that it heats real good while gmaing

all of you guys have normal pc?

It depends on if you can wait as max q laptops have been designed for your usage scenario. They will be expensive to begin with as they are new. Also make sure that you keep your expectations low as laptops have a very short lifespan compared to desktops when you are a heavy gamer. If on the other hand you don't mind this and will only be playing once in a while then look at the auros, clevo, sager, alienware 13 or razor blade series.

Chugalug_

Estimable
I do, yeah.
I just use an old Haswell i5 4210u workstation laptop for portability tbh, I don't see much use for gaming laptops unless you're constantly going on business trips or going overseas in which case it's more convenient.
For going between houses with split parents or something or going between locations it's much more convenient just to get a small ITX system and a monitor, gives you a far better experience.
It's not like you're gonna game with the trackpad really is it?
My point is with the tiny battery life, high thermal output and jet engine acoustics it has little purpose really.
Max-Q might change that, but there's still the deal of whipping out a mouse and mousepad, when you're out and about you're not going to pull out your gaming laptop on the bus for a session of DOOM exactly are ya? When you're out it's typically for a reason, you can just go home to game.

Once you've settled down and some time has passed, you'll be kicking yourself for getting a laptop over a desktop, and there's virtually no upgradability apart from 2.5" drives and memory really.

Solution

Seeda

Commendable
Jul 2, 2016

Those are some really good points the doom par made me luaght. Allright I'll see what to do bout it
Thank you very much man! Did you got an expensive laptop and was mad about it after?

Chugalug_

Estimable
Nah, but my friend did a couple of years back and found he never really utilized it, he was at home using it 99% of the time while it turned into a jet engine and turned his desk into a glorified heatpad.
This was with the 800 series.