Good semi-gaming laptop under 1200-1300

Phyyl

Honorable
Jan 26, 2013
Hi everyone, I'm looking to buy a good laptop for school and a little bit of gaming.

I'm not an hardcore gamer, but I like to play games like D3 or Minecraft ( with high fps and running a LAN server sometimes) or combat arms (fps game, so a good frame rate is interesting :p. I'd like to have an i7, but i5 would be OK if I have to focus on graphics card or whatever. Of course, dedicated graphics card would be prefered, or even mandatory for good smooth gameplay.

Besides that, there's other things I'd like to have, such as touch screen, hdmi out and a good keyboard...
But these things are not necessary, just a preference.

If you have any ideas what I could buy, please post it here ! If you don't maybe you know a good place I could look into. I've been searching on the web for a while, but I'm not good for searching this.

Thanks in advance !

wsx123_34

Honorable
Jan 20, 2013
I can recommend a couple of very capable laptops that are in your price range, both of which have an i7, good keyboards and hdmi out--no touchscreens however. If you prefer a 17" screen check out the ASUS N56VZ-DS71 http://wuggee.com/laptop/asus-n56vz-ds71.html specs include:
2.3 GHz Intel Core i7-3610QM
12 GB RAM
6 lbs
1.5 TB hard drive
Nvidia Gefroce GTX 660M

The MSI G Series GE60 http://wuggee.com/laptop/msi-g-series-ge60.html has a smaller screen size at 15.6" but also comes with a very capable NVIDIA Geforce GTX 660M graphics card. Anyone of the two are very good notebooks for the price.

lightsong

Honorable
Jan 27, 2013
Need clarification as to what is really important here. A solid gaming computer can be had for your price range for sure, and the links above are very good place to start. What i'm wondering is why "semi-gaming"?

if the semi is because you need a computer to take to and from school that doesnt weigh 10lbs the suggestions look a lot different

GSW

Honorable
Jun 8, 2013
Look at the Sager laptops, they have several models that are under $1300... I personally choose the NP7352, a 15.6" laptop, with a few options above their base version ($1079) and the way mine was configured, it came out to just under $1300.