Google Adding Photos, Comments, Names of Users in Ads

Status
Not open for further replies.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
I don't condone this, so I opted out. Easy enough (for now). It is a lot better than what FB did, though.
I understand these social sites have to make money somehow, but as long as they're open and clear cut about it, I'm game. Also, they have to offer the option to opt out (ideally it should be opt-in); even so, by default the Google opt-in was unchecked.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
"Beginning November 11, advertisements will begin showing Google user's profile pictures, names and comments shared on Google Plus."

Alright, nothing to worry about. No one posts on G+ :D

curiosul

Honorable
Apr 18, 2012
When I read articles like this, there's something that ALWAYS comes to mind:

When the product is free, you are the product.

timaahhh

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2007
I have not 'upgraded' my gmail account to google + yet though almost every time I'm on youtube google bothers me about it. I imagine google will eventually not allow accounts to not be linked to google plus though.

ImWatchingToo

Honorable
May 26, 2013
Google is available to users of all ages so how will Google tell which user is 18 yrs of age or older no one asks for or verifies ID when you use it.. Google + is just a data entry form can type in anything same with FB it only knows what the user types in..

maddy143ded

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2010
all this ads business is doing is putting me off from ever reviewing anything using google's +1 or Face-book's Like. i have opted out of any thing remotely related to ads and use extensive ad-blockers.

facebook17

Honorable
Oct 15, 2013
Want to start making some extra money every month? Want to earn in the range of 2000-8000$ every month? You can...It's all up to you and your desire to learn how. We will be your guides and show you how to reach your goals... Don't miss it!!! For more information, visit following website> - See more at ================ == WWW.MAX47.COM

joninashby

Honorable
Oct 16, 2013
Google talks a lot about shared endorsements being visible "to friends" and "the only people who see it are the people you’ve chosen to share that content with." but then in the same paragraph slips in "your friends, family AND OTHERS may see your Profile name and photo". Which is it? Are your endorsements shown to just your Google+ circles, or to the wider public?

Status
Not open for further replies.