Google Android Wear: Everything You Need to Know

Status
Not open for further replies.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
seems like a neat idea and a good direction for google to take with their os and expand their business with in an area of large public interest, but Im not really interested yet. Unless they make one of those watches with battery life that lasts a few weeks and doesnt noticably change temperature after a few minutes use, I wont be interested. I hope the fonts can be modified because the default(?) font on the time is too small.

knowom

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2006
The title of this article is interesting if you take it out of context it a bit and yet fairly accurate. Google Android - Wear everything you need to know ;) Sounds like a slogan to me I mean what can't you Google search for honestly?You sort of wear your phone in your pocket like a wallet which you can shop from or android watch on your wrist or Google glasses on your face.

somebodyspecial

Honorable
Sep 20, 2012
I don't see how these will sell well. Everyone already carries a phone with far more power and functionality, so what is the point? You're duplicating what I can already do in a crappier mode here and on a device I wouldn't even want to read as much as my already hated cellphone...LOL. Anything under 5in today isn't even in my vocabulary. In tablets anything under 13in is no longer in my vocab :)

daekar

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2009
Still trying to figure out who these companies think are going to buy these devices, because it sure isn't anyone I know.

Reaver192

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2011
I live a relatively busy life style and travel allot for work. I am constantly bothered by meaningless information and alerts on my phone, but I have to check them all because it could always be a sale and in sales you almost always want to close a deal while the customer still has the urge to purchase fresh on there mind. The smart watch if fashionable could not only make my life easier so I don't have to reach for my LG G2 for every little sound it makes, but if someone included a heart rate monitor and distance tracker in one I would drop tons on it. My movodo can go back in my drawer if a smart watch can do all that and look half as good. In fact I would pay far more than the asking prices I have seen for existing tech if it included the extra functionality.

Status
Not open for further replies.