Google+ App Finally Hits iPad

Status
Not open for further replies.

teh_chem

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
I played with g+ when it was in its early stages. I slowly ignored it more and more. When I log in these days, all I see in the first "feed" that shows up is random crap from random people I don't even know. So I don't really use it.

But google sure has done a good job to corral people into using g+. Migrating photos/picasa into g+ was a pretty tricksy move, google!

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]teh_chem[/nom]IBut google sure has done a good job to corral people into using g+. Migrating photos/picasa into g+ was a pretty tricksy move, google![/citation]

I also noticed that if you want a Youtube account, it will redirect you to a signup for g+ instead.

jay2tall

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2007
I tried Google+, I really tried. As said above I'd get random feeds as the first thing on my list. At least FB puts them to the complete right column and are easy to ignore. I really wanted Google+ to be a hit. However, it is now just a flop.

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
I've thought about why I'm so pleased at Google+ failing so completely. I like when a tiny upstart makes something cool and it becomes huge (ok, maybe not Instagram), but when a giant like Google or Microsoft attempts to muscle in on a market using their money and influence, there's nothing more satisfying than seeing them fall flat on their face.

The right way to do it is to buy up a successful upstart and that gives incentive to innovators to try creative stuff rather than hoping they'll ace a job interview.

LightningStryk17

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2006
[citation][nom]A Bad Day[/nom]Wait, Apple allowed a competitor's product? It's not possible![/citation]

What? Google + and facebook are competitors.... As far as I know Apple doesn't have an official social networking service like facebook or google+ not sure what you mean.....

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]LightningStryk17[/nom]What? Google + and facebook are competitors.... As far as I know Apple doesn't have an official social networking service like facebook or google+ not sure what you mean.....[/citation]
Apple tried with their Ping but that sucked and they killed it :p

jerm1027

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2011
You do know you guys can edit the amount of random popular crap you see from random people. I set my to very rarely, almost setting it to none. I find Google+ helpful with keeping up with Tech projects, and I really don't have much negative to say about it... other than I don't really know anyone on it. So, it's less of a social networking site, more like a news forum for me.

I also agree that Google+ is more about unifying Google's services than anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.