Solved! Google apps and games wont update..

Status
Not open for further replies.

watersashleigh

Estimable
Jul 8, 2018
I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab A, 7.1.1 android version. For the last few days my Google play store apps and games won't update. I go into the Google play store, go to my apps and games and it says I have 21 apps that need to be updated. I've been trying to do 1 at a time, but no matter which app/game I try to update, it says downloading and the little circle just keeps spinning, but it's not updating, it never gets to the point where it actually says "installing" like it usually does when updating. I've tried rebooting, clearing tablet cache, specifically clearing the cache of the game I'm trying to update, Google play store and Google play services, nothing's helping. Can anybody help?

Solution
Try the following...
  1. First make sure your "Google Play Store" app is closed.
  2. Next go into "Settings" (the phone settings) and then into "Apps".
  3. Now locate and tap the "Google Play Store" App.
  4. In here first tap "Storage" (even though it may not have a button).
  5. In this next screen first tap "Clear Cache" and then tap "OK".
  6. Next tap "Clear Data" and then "OK".
  7. Now exit and close the "Settings" app and restart (power off and back on) the device.
  8. When the device restarts it should try to update its connection to "Google Play Store". Once it has, then you should be able to download and install your updates.
NOTE: If there isn't enough space on the device for the updates, then you will have to uninstall or...
Try the following...
  7. Now exit and close the "Settings" app and restart (power off and back on) the device.
  8. When the device restarts it should try to update its connection to "Google Play Store". Once it has, then you should be able to download and install your updates.
NOTE: If there isn't enough space on the device for the updates, then you will have to uninstall or delete things on the device to add the needed space for the updates.

Reactions: watersashleigh
Solution

watersashleigh

Estimable
Jul 8, 2018
Try the following...
NOTE: If there isn't enough space on the device for the updates, then you will have to uninstall or delete things on the device to add the needed space for the updates.
Thank you so much!! It worked!! I really appreciate your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.