Google+ Blocked in China? No, Just Throttled

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

autistic society. no wonder they have their own Google, Facebook, Wikipedia etc and do they have theyr own Tom's Guide? lol. better disconnect from the rest of the world and have their own Internet!

Nakal

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010
I think that is North Korea, Chitetskoy...

I think eventually even China and other nations are not going to be able to stand in the way of open communication and sharing of ideas. They may try, but people always find a way around such things.

zinabas

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
I wish all the spammers would go bug china. Then they would open up their internet just to get better spam blockers... or murder the spammers. I'm happy with either solution.

GNCD

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2009
Can someone explain why their government is doing this? Do they want zombies for citizens? They would be in deep poo if the people decide to finally stand up against them.

zinabas

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
GNCD: yes zombies would be perfect. As a communist nation they see three kinds of people. The leaders, the rich (whom the leaders loathe), and the workforce (who they don't care about at all, one worker is in every way the exact same as the next to them). As far as they are concerned the population is just another resource they can exploit.

GNCD

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2009
[citation][nom]zinabas[/nom]GNCD: yes zombies would be perfect. As a communist nation they see three kinds of people. The leaders, the rich (whom the leaders loathe), and the workforce (who they don't care about at all, one worker is in every way the exact same as the next to them). As far as they are concerned the population is just another resource they can exploit.[/citation]

They better start caring about their workforce class. A billion po'ed people could really ruin their day.

master9716

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2006
Ill say what I will always say , Countries like this control their people and take away their freedom,like norht Korea. What ever happened to the secret hit squads that countries used to have?

Nakal

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010
GNCD, sure if they all hated their government. But many are content with what they have, and many are in rural areas and are either unaffected or are too few / powerless to stop any changes.

The (relatively) small growing middle class is what is going to have to start speaking out and leading others to promote change in China.

But China does not want "Chaos" and strikes down any dissent toward the 1 party rule government.

Antje

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2011
[citation][nom]bennaye[/nom]I'd be surprised if they didn't do this.[/citation]
I would not be surprised if it was ultimately blocked, in my opinion.

G

Well it's a shame. I have finally given up on gmail and google in china. After repeated frustration with not being able to access gmail, taking forever for websites (including non-google sites) to open up in Google Chrome browser, to repeated timing out of google searches, I have now switched to Firefox, Yahoo! mail, and the Bing search engine.

I have always liked Chrome browser, but it really isn't an option for those of us living in China.

abdussamad

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2010
Ooh more reason for the Americans to blindly hate on China. Glad to see the Chinese are keeping their people safe from foreign influence. Its like how no major US cable operator will air Al Jazeera. Americans are such hypocrites.

servarus

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2010
[citation][nom]GNCD[/nom]They better start caring about their workforce class. A billion po'ed people could really ruin their day.[/citation]
I wonder if they are going to be afraid. Then again, it does means serious disaster.

znegval

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2009
[citation][nom]Nakal[/nom]I think that is North Korea, Chitetskoy...I think eventually even China and other nations are not going to be able to stand in the way of open communication and sharing of ideas. They may try, but people always find a way around such things.[/citation]

This isn't a movie. The good guys don't always win and evil can prevail. I hope you're right but I think the Chinese government is already too powerful even if the people decide to act en mass.

kkiddu

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2009
[citation][nom]znegval[/nom]This isn't a movie. The good guys don't always win and evil can prevail. I hope you're right but I think the Chinese government is already too powerful even if the people decide to act en mass.[/citation]

No government can survive people's wrath. All it requires is 1/5th of the 1.5 billion Chinese and the Government would be on its knees in no time.

But...good luck mobilising and managing 300 mil people.

G

I pity the poor american idiots that think the chinese people are the zombies for evading the sh1tload of media being thrown in the faces of the rest of the "free" world, sex,sex,violence, buy,buy,buy,fox news,facebook, buy buy buy, actually the government might be doing their people a favor by protecting them from all the crap people in "freedom" are bombarded with in order to control their behaviour... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/They_Live

Status
Not open for further replies.