Google Buys reMail iPhone App, Takes it Off Apple

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

martel80

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2006
[citation][nom]keczapifrytki[/nom]Google should just buy Apple, liquidate them and be over with it...[/citation]
Apple market capitalization: $184.01B
Google market capitalization: $172.33B

Just how do you buy a company which is worth more than you are? :)

killblade

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2010
Google made a bad decision to steal Apples ideas and copy there phone –
I think its backfired and now they are in a desperate need to save them selfs by trying to get them selfs onto the Iphone.
When people get to find out Google owns the App they will just not use it. I heard that Bing will be made the search for Iphone so that will just finish Google - seeing that the Iphone/Ipad will slowly become everyone’s main system.

friskey

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2010
[citation][nom]bustapr[/nom]Wow, Google has done a better job destroying Apple in the past months (or even weeks)than Microsoft in 15 years. The end of the iPhone era is coing very quickly.[/citation]

Microsoft saved Apple from bankruptcy in the 15 years - so somehow destroying Apple is not a motivation for them. Apple would have been dead a long time ago - Thanks to Microsoft they survived the last 15 years.

[citation][nom]killblade[/nom]Google made a bad decision to steal Apples ideas and copy there phone – I think its backfired and now they are in a desperate need to save them selfs by trying to get them selfs onto the Iphone. When people get to find out Google owns the App they will just not use it. I heard that Bing will be made the search for Iphone so that will just finish Google - seeing that the Iphone/Ipad will slowly become everyone’s main system.[/citation]

Google did not steel Apples Ideas - Google and Apple And Microsoft built upon an old idea that was already there
Google is not finished by Bing and the Iphone in the enterprise environment is a joke. So call it a hunch but I don’t believe Iphone will be the “main system”

However keep drinking the Kool-Aid - the second coming has incarnated into a Iphone/Ipad.

whoobydo

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2010
Apple is the company that tom's readers love to hate. Google's move in acquiring Gmail is competitive; no more, no less. If Apple wanted to strike back, they could assimilate similar features into their email app that is already standard to the iPhone.

swamprat

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2009
[citation][nom]martel80[/nom]Apple market capitalization: $184.01BGoogle market capitalization: $172.33BJust how do you buy a company which is worth more than you are?[/citation]

Simples, you just borrow money based on your target's value / projected income. That's obviously a touch harder if you plan to wind up the target company (depending how far you're willing to lie) ...

The more Google fights Apple the more it seems to resemble it, the old staring into the abyss thing. To defeat these evil giants and their foul anti-competative ways, I shall become larger and more anti-competative - Muwhaha.

whoobydo

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2010
[citation][nom]swamprat[/nom]Simples, you just borrow money based on your target's value / projected income. That's obviously a touch harder if you plan to wind up the target company (depending how far you're willing to lie) ... The more Google fights Apple the more it seems to resemble it, the old staring into the abyss thing. To defeat these evil giants and their foul anti-competative ways, I shall become larger and more anti-competative - Muwhaha.[/citation]
System builders/Windows users tend to look at Apple's system architecture as anti-competitive, but that's not necessarily that accurate. Not allowing Google to produce certain apps certainly is anticompetitive, but Apple has stopped Google from producing apps, there are some on the App Store right now, but we don't know what their reasoning is for stopping certain apps that Google has tried to publish.

Status
Not open for further replies.