Google Continues Shakeup by Splitting Maps-Commerce Unit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shin-san

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2006
Hard to say if this is good or not. I think it might be good because Google was starting to get driven by advertisements and social networking.

dimar

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2009
Google needs to solve the Android fragmentation problem once and for all! Google should give him 6 months, and if it's not done, should replace him without someone else, until the problem is solved.

jhansonxi

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
[citation][nom]dimar[/nom]Google needs to solve the Android fragmentation problem once and for all! Google should give him 6 months, and if it's not done, should replace him without someone else, until the problem is solved.[/citation]
It's interesting that people seem to think that the many versions of Android and variety of hardware is a problem for mobile devices while not for Windows and x86 PCs.

digiex

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009
An organization should be dynamic. Look at M$, had barely changed since Gates gave the helm to Balmer, now they are way behind and barely catching up.

EddieLomax

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2009
"and is gearing up to launch an augmented reality device that will change how consumers access their email and social needs"

Much like the Sinclair C5 revolutionised the transport market ;)

mjv1121

Honorable
Mar 18, 2013
Don't go thinking that Larry Page got stupid overnight - there is strategy in these changes. Rubin and Huber both moving to X : they are moving their top talent to X, something big/important is afoot, at least with regard to Google's plans.

mjv1121

Honorable
Mar 18, 2013
Don't go thinking that Larry Page got stupid overnight - there is strategy in these changes. Rubin and Huber both moving to X : they are moving their top talent to X, something big/important is afoot, at least with regard to Google's plans.

tokencode

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2010
[citation][nom]jhansonxi[/nom]It's interesting that people seem to think that the many versions of Android and variety of hardware is a problem for mobile devices while not for Windows and x86 PCs.[/citation]

Your comparison makes no sense, fragmentation does not mean different versions such as Windows XP, Windows 7,8 , it means different versions of the SAME version. Example being Ice Cream sandwich for Samsung phones versus Ice Cream Sandwich for HTC phones. The only real examples I can think of for Windows would be Windows ME and 2000, or Windows RT/ Windows 8.

Shin-san

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2006
[citation][nom]dimar[/nom]Google needs to solve the Android fragmentation problem once and for all! Google should give him 6 months, and if it's not done, should replace him without someone else, until the problem is solved.[/citation]Their rules for Jellybean will help, but it may take 1-2 years before it's adopted to where it'll make a difference

john15v18

Honorable
Mar 5, 2012
Your comparison makes no sense, fragmentation does not mean different versions such as Windows XP, Windows 7,8 , it means different versions of the SAME version. Example being Ice Cream sandwich for Samsung phones versus Ice Cream Sandwich for HTC phones. The only real examples I can think of for Windows would be Windows ME and 2000, or Windows RT/ Windows 8.

....What, you mean fragmentation like windows msstyles?...windowsblinds...etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.