Google Financially Supports Families of Deceased Googlers

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingArcher

Distinguished
May 19, 2010
Google helped me decode your cypher "Pyree" [:)]
[citation][nom]Pyree[/nom]I'll do what Homer in The Simpsons did in season 7 episode 8, twice at the beginning of every decade, for obvious reason.[/citation]

"Homer fakes his death in order to get out of working on a Saturday and is later forced to go to the records office to verify that he is alive."

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
My guess is that Google takes out a life insurance policy for their employees. Most should be fairly young so the premium, especially in volume, is not that bad.
A smart move to give employees a safety cushion, make them feel appreciated and increase work morale.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
A strange twist as the new trend is corporations secretly taking life insurance policies on their employees and keeping all the money and actually can make huge profits from young employee deaths. And yes this is perfectly legal.

But good for Google I like to see a company do something because it is right. If corporations are people like Romney and the right say then Google is the only good person out of all of them.

rohitbaran

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2010
[citation][nom]bennaye[/nom]i thought they were going to take care of all the families that used google... i am disappoint[/citation]
Lol. Good one sir!

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
[citation][nom]joytech22[/nom]Google - Looking after its employees' families better than insurance companies.[/citation]
Google Health Insurance. Well hey, I wonder if that is gonna happen.

G

I am not being critical because I thing it is a good thing. But, lets call it what it is, an employee benefit. As poster Freggo said, Google probably took out a policy for its employees at a substantial discount because of volume and the age of its employees. If you really look at it, what's the difference between a raise in the form of a percentage increase, and a life insurance policy at a fixed rate. It all comes out in the wash. Furthermore, giving employees benefits with them asking for it is a good way to keep the unions out.

G

Great, now we just need good jobs for the other 6.99 billion people on the planet.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]IPlayFair[/nom]I am not being critical because I thing it is a good thing. But, lets call it what it is, an employee benefit. As poster Freggo said, Google probably took out a policy for its employees at a substantial discount because of volume and the age of its employees. If you really look at it, what's the difference between a raise in the form of a percentage increase, and a life insurance policy at a fixed rate. It all comes out in the wash. Furthermore, giving employees benefits with them asking for it is a good way to keep the unions out.[/citation]

treating employees like human beings keeps unions out. also not screwing them at every turn does wonders too.

cookoy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
Dedicated and loyal employees who do the real work deserve to be rewarded and treasured. The greedy stockholders can have the crumbs for a change.

Status
Not open for further replies.