Google Glass: Ergonomics, Performance, And Practicality, Tested

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benthon

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2010
I'm personally excited to see where this takes off to. They just need to bring the price down and they have a new generation of product. Great review! It definitely was cute to see your kid walking around and getting him water/playing with him from his perspective.

CaptainTom

Honorable
May 3, 2012
This really is the future. It will just take the third generation or so before it becomes mainstream practical. Oh and I want the lenses to be screens themselves, that would be cyberpunk badass!

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
Why do you keep saying "Equivalent of a 25-inch HD screen from eight feet away"? The resolution, according to other sources, is not even 720p.
You could say "Equivalent of a 16:9, 25-inch screen from eight feet away"

cats_Paw

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2007
Considering the Privacy issues this will bring on the population, this product might be a big fail.

I know if i had any form ob bussines, i would not allow my customers to be filmed there. That means, no google glass.

Vorador2

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2007
[citation][nom]cats_Paw[/nom]Considering the Privacy issues this will bring on the population, this product might be a big fail.I know if i had any form ob bussines, i would not allow my customers to be filmed there. That means, no google glass.[/citation]

Privacy issues? The same than people with a phone. Nowadays anyone with a smartphone can take photos or record videos.

The only thing it needs to do is to put a led than lights up when people take photos or make videos.

kettu

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
"Take it from a dad, though: there’s something to be said for playing with your kid and recording it, rather than watching him run around, passively, through a smartphone camera (50 minutes of video at a time, that is)."

I bet that recording everything gets real old real fast. What are you going to with thousands of hours of video? Show it to your friends? I bet they'll love every minute of it! :)

TeraMedia

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2006
Next it will be at weddings - possibly even as part of a photog package. Brides and Grooms can see the entire affair from each others' perspectives, as well as from that of guests, etc.

internetlad

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2011
[citation][nom]kettu[/nom]What are you going to with thousands of hours of video? Show it to your friends? I bet they'll love every minute of it![/citation]

How old are you? Old enough not to appreciate looking back on your life, apparently.

My son is only 3 years old now, and my wife and I constantly remark that we wish we had taken more videos to remember all the incredible things he did in the first couple of years, some of which are now certainly forgotten.

kettu

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
[citation][nom]internetlad[/nom]How old are you? Old enough not to appreciate looking back on your life, apparently. My son is only 3 years old now, and my wife and I constantly remark that we wish we had taken more videos to remember all the incredible things he did in the first couple of years, some of which are now certainly forgotten.[/citation]

Old enough to realise that there is nothing more boring than watching other peoples homemovies about their children who do "incredible" things.

travish82

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2007
I think I'm done with technology until batteries advance. As it stands now, my smartphone has to sit on the charger for half the day, and it looks like these glasses are no different. The only battery powered tech I own that's worth a crap is my eInk Kindle Touch. EVERYTHING else should last a month on one charge. I'm not kidding. Make this happen. You can have all the money I have if you give me a month long cell phone battery. Otherwise, keep your garbage outta my face.

AnUnusedUsername

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2010
[citation][nom]travish82[/nom]I think I'm done with technology until batteries advance. As it stands now, my smartphone has to sit on the charger for half the day, and it looks like these glasses are no different. The only battery powered tech I own that's worth a crap is my eInk Kindle Touch. EVERYTHING else should last a month on one charge. I'm not kidding. Make this happen. You can have all the money I have if you give me a month long cell phone battery. Otherwise, keep your garbage outta my face.[/citation]

The average $15 "dumb" phone will last a week or more on one charge, just FYI.

morpheas768

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
So, even when you're walking on a street where there's no street camera's on, you'll still wont feel safe because of Glass creepers everywhere.

As if our privacy wasnt intruded enough every day.

Yes, I am a hater. You can flame me, I dont care. Google Glass needs to die.

Status
Not open for further replies.