Google Glass Gets Battery Life Boost

Status
Not open for further replies.

someguynamedmatt

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2010
Glass needs a usefulness boost if anything... I hate to keep saying this, but I just can't see it as anything other than an expensive gimmick to walk around with and show people. Think about the things you could buy with $1500... hell, I could build a half decent system for a third of that and have enough money left over to buy a Titan Black. These things seem to be seriously lacking proportion between price and functionality. Sorry, Google... it was a good idea, but one that seems a bit fundamentally flawed out of the gates.

BranFlake5

Honorable
Jul 9, 2013
Glass needs a usefulness boost if anything... I hate to keep saying this, but I just can't see it as anything other than an expensive gimmick to walk around with and show people. Think about the things you could buy with $1500... hell, I could build a half decent system for a third of that and have enough money left over to buy a Titan Black. These things seem to be seriously lacking proportion between price and functionality. Sorry, Google... it was a good idea, but one that seems a bit fundamentally flawed out of the gates.

Apples to Oranges my friend. Can you use that Titan Black to look up places to eat while out? Nope. They have two huge different uses. Glass isn't a computer.

It's bleeding edge technology. The $1500 price tag is just by the fact it's early technology. It isn't mass produced like the Titan Black. You pay a big price to be the first to the party.

It's actually very useful. I'm guessing you haven't used one. You can pretty easily take photos/videos/calls/messages hands free.

rwinches

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2006
^^^Get over yourself.

Look for places to eat while out? You're kidding right? Hello Smartphone.

Yeah, battery boost from one hour all the way to One and a Half hours, Why, that's fifty percent! and still only $1500,amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.