Google Glass May Greet You on Your Next Flight

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuckRaven

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
I can see a lot of these fake smiley/happy people wearing these things getting punched in the face for very trivial if any reason at all. Furthermore, I suspect theft of these devices will be rampant, and "forgetting" your glasses or losing them someplace even more common.And, to be honest, I'm going to just start wearing a mask everywhere I go, because my face belongs to me goddamit, and nobody has any rights to it. I don't want anyone smiling at me, wearing Google glasses and some craptacular software is analyzing my face, and giving the viewer all sorts of info in a HUD. Efff This !!!

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
SuckRaven - I would enjoy seeing someone try to punch a flight attendant in the face to steal her Google glass then attempt to get away from the hundreds or TSA / Security people between them and the exit. I also think watching you go into the airport wearing a mask would be quite comical as well, until you got shot. If you don't like the brave new world, no one is forcing you to join it. Go live in a cabin in the woods.I think this is spectacular, and more companies need to try to find ways to leverage technology to make their lives, and that of their customers a little better.

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
While I realize I'm not the owner of photons bouncing off of my face, I will probably not frequent businesses and socialize with people who use these devices. It's just as rude as someone holding a phone in front of their face and recording everything.However, if they came out with a device that doesn't have a camera, or has a detachable/deployable camera, or that has an indicator that lights up whenever there is power flowing to the camera, I wouldn't mind that at all. Wear whatever headgear you like, just don't record people without them knowing.

ahnilated

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2006
Lovely, another intrusion of my privacy while getting onto a plane. What is next, making me walk onto the plane naked to make sure I am who I say I am?

wtfxxxgp

Honorable
Nov 14, 2012
Is it really important to a customer getting onto a plane that the attendant greets them by name? Really? If I were ever to become so high and mighty then I'd want to be shot. Please. Pretty please.

SyllabicGeek

Estimable
Feb 14, 2014
There are numerous devices that can record people without them knowing! Google Glass is not even hidden YET SOME people complain. You know who complains? Apple fans complain because they see Google taking off in multiple fields while Apple is nothing more than a niche market.

Status
Not open for further replies.