Google Goes on Picnik, Acquires Company

Status
Not open for further replies.

brendano257

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
I bet the company updated it using Buzz through their new 1Gb/s internet from Google. Maybe they whole-sale bought their power from Google too....You've got to wonder what Google is up to now with all these buy-outs....

sliem

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
I'm telling you, Google is like, buy buy buy buy. acquire acquire acquire.
monopolize monopolize monopolize then... dominate dominate dominate.

You are right, lotri.

gekko668

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2009
Google becomes how it is today is because a lot of users are using its serives. If you guy dont want Google to monopolize then stop using Google.

the_krasno

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009
[citation][nom]lotri[/nom]Heh, another step towards world domination by Google.[/citation]

I would gladly allow that if the world turns to be a giant googleplex. Man, is that place awesome or what?!

JohnnyLucky

Distinguished
May 30, 2007
Not much different from other mainstream acquisition sprees. Over the past 40 years Bershire Hathaway acquired over 80 companies. You'd be surprised at some of the companies Berkshire owns. Proctor and Gamble did pretty good too.

davendork

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2010
I can't wait to see the Google contextual ads when people are editing images. There's going to be some fun to have there... Will you see weight loss ads when you're trying to airbrush a fat girl out of a picture?

Raishi

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2010
[citation][nom]sliem[/nom]I'm telling you, Google is like, buy buy buy buy. acquire acquire acquire.monopolize monopolize monopolize then... dominate dominate dominate.You are right, lotri.[/citation]

buy aquire monopolize dominate...give away for free? Not quite the typical business model.

Clintonio

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2008
[citation][nom]Raishi[/nom]buy aquire monopolize dominate...give away for free? Not quite the typical business model.[/citation]
The monopolize part implies that once they purchase every single competition, they'll charge us eaxh fifty billion trilion dollars/ pounds to send an email, or something.
Basically, once they have the market to themselves, people are worried they'll abuse it; and rightly so. Remember Microso- I mean, notice Microsoft?

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]brendano257[/nom]I bet the company updated it using Buzz through their new 1Gb/s internet from Google. Maybe they whole-sale bought their power from Google too....You've got to wonder what Google is up to now with all these buy-outs....[/citation]
Same thing they do every night Brendano, try and take over the world!

mayne92

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
[citation][nom]sliem[/nom]I'm telling you, Google is like, buy buy buy buy. acquire acquire acquire.monopolize monopolize monopolize then... dominate dominate dominate.You are right, lotri.[/citation]
Google doesn't force people to use their shit...QQ!!!

r0x0r

Distinguished
May 9, 2006
[citation][nom]davendork[/nom]I can't wait to see the Google contextual ads when people are editing images. There's going to be some fun to have there... Will you see weight loss ads when you're trying to airbrush a fat girl out of a picture?[/citation]

No, but you will see ads for 4chan when you try to shoop Chris Hansen into the lower left corner.

matt_b

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2009
[citation][nom]mayne92[/nom]Google doesn't force people to use their shit...QQ!!![/citation]

Neither does Microsoft....

Google has acquired yet another company....

That part of the title sums it up well. What's their roadmap these days, buy at least 25 companies per fiscal year now? Google is as it seems, on pace to be the next Microsoft of the 2010's. A little more time, more investments, numerous more acquisitions, and we will soon see anti-competitive lawsuits popping up.

Status
Not open for further replies.