Google in Talks to Bring NFL Games to YouTube

Status
Not open for further replies.

tolham

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2009
excellent move on google's part, assuming this is true. netflix, hulu and piracy will the be death of cable. cable's last stronghold is live sports. if google gets live sports on youtube, then nobody needs cable anymore.

ddpruitt

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
I'll jump on that, I know people that have cable just to get the games. This one provider only thing is insane and should have been banned a long time ago.

axehead15

Honorable
Apr 9, 2013
I'm looking for a reason to drop cable completely, this would help. Can't drop it atm because the wife likes the Broncos, and I like the Bills. Can only get Bills games on OTA channels, and can't get Thursday night games on those.

This would be awesome.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
While I personally can't stand football (it is so slow and boring), this could be a great move by Google, assuming the price isn't insane.

capt_taco

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
Since the NFL is notorious for trying to extract money from fans by making it as difficult as possible to see games on TV, I am not holding my breath that this will suddenly change much for the better. No doubt it'll be either a pay-per-view scheme or a monthly subscription of, say, $39.99 or more.

sneakyazshiite

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2011
This is great, but my biggest and only worry is throttling thats going to occur -already does- onto youtube and netflix. Especially if youre going through a cable company for internet. Google Fiber pls save us!

antilycus

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
right now if you want to stream games from NFL sunday ticket, the cost is 500 USD. (down from 600, which didn't require a satellite). NFL Gamepass in Europe is 100 USD (this year) to follow 1 team and 200 USD to follow all teams. (you have to connect from a non-us, canada or mexico IP).

More than likely the youtube version would be 300-350 dollars. RIP OFF. the NFL is today's MOB and MAFIA. They can do whatever they want and they know it.

Status
Not open for further replies.