Google Instant Tutorial: Search, Evolved!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bamslang

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2009
WTF is up with these adds? I'm almost tempted to say make Toms like a particular image board and add a text verification box when making comments.

As to the Google thing. I personally like the instant search. Google, more and more, shows that they are about speed and effeciency. Take out the fluff and deliver better, faster results.

lee3821

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2010
[citation][nom]bamslang[/nom]WTF is up with these adds? I'm almost tempted to say make Toms like a particular image board and add a text verification box when making comments.[/citation]
I hope that doesn't happen, it's incredibly annoying. I think the users'll report the ads relatively quickly on any post that isn't incredibly out of date, and then they can be removed. (although I don't know much on your end of that) The text verification box is something that seriously makes people not want to comment.

robd007

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2006
[citation][nom]bamslang[/nom]WTF is up with these adds? I'm almost tempted to say make Toms like a particular image board and add a text verification box when making comments. [/citation]

Gotta use ad-block...

dconnors

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2009
I patrol whatever stories I publish, so the comment ad bots are usually at a minimum. Needless to say - we're working on it! :)

-Devin

duk3

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2010
[citation][nom]robd007[/nom]Gotta use ad-block...[/citation]
He means the spammers who answer articles with "Go to X site for cheap clothes"

Status
Not open for further replies.