Google is Building a Third-Party Comments System

Status
Not open for further replies.

trumpeter1994

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012
I personally am stil frustrated with google's forcing me to make a gmail account in order to further use my already existing youtube account. I despise google for what they did to youtube, sure they improved it some and added some nice features, but they also took down tons of videos for being copyright protected even if they were posted by the owners. Furthermore they flooded google with adds and turned it into a sort of corporate playground. I prefer not to deal with google and instead i use hotmail, I might look into their fiber internet though if it ends up being a better deal than time warner.

dotaloc

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2008
[citation][nom]trumpeter1994[/nom]I prefer not to deal with google and instead i use hotmail, I might look into their fiber internet though if it ends up being a better deal than time warner.[/citation]

i don't think i could do without gmail's effective spam filtering. my hotmail account gets tons more spam than my throwaway gmail account. it's horrible. and yahoo is such a distracting portal site, now...at every level. at least google's ads are usually barely distracting.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
Yet another disturbing move towards the centralization of our data and the removal of anonymity. Still better than Facebook though.

aftcomet

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2010
I'm in business so I've heard enough about the "value" of marketing but I still hate reading an e-mail from someone about something and then seeing an ad about it seconds later. Is it a humongous deal? Probably not. But then neither are many of our liberties.

Seeing something telling me to buy something is not going to make me buy it. I buy what I need and will make an informed decision when I do it.

It's just one step closer to centralized control. I don't like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.