Google is testing a new dark mode everywhere feature for the web — here’s how to turn it on

Fox Tread3

Great
Jun 19, 2023
March 22, 2024 - Chrome finally getting a dark mode option is in my opinion really good news. I think however that it is probable that only people that really like to tinker with their computers and apps. Will give serious consideration to trying Chrome's dark mode while it is still in Beta. Personally, I get news all of the time about Betas that Google/Chrome have made available. But I have learned the pitfalls of being an early adopter and/or Beta user. The free browser Vivaldi in a very recent upgrade made it possible to switch on dark mode when using their browser. They do point out that it could possibly "break" some websites. I think this could be one of the reasons that Chrome has taken so long to offer dark mode. Their user base is so much larger than a browser like Vivaldi, and I'm sure that Chrome wouldn't want to deal with a lot of complaints from users that having problems with dark mode on various devices and websites. I love dark mode and had started wearing sunglasses to cut done on the blinding white backgrounds on so many websites. I have two 32" desktop PC monitors and staring at large really bright screens can't be good for a person's eyesight. When using Vivaldi dark mode on some websites, I have noted that it is difficult to see some things like volume controls and download progress bars. Lastly, after using the app Dark Reader for a number of years. I was very annoyed when the developer without warning bricked the app unless a user was willing to pay for the app immediately. I thought that tactic was rather high handed and annoying, and I deleted the app. Hackers have been very successful using the vulnerabilities of third party apps, and I try to avoid using them as much as possible,