Google Maps Error Blamed for Costa Rica Invasion

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
first i'd liek to say , costa rica is not eh only country with otu a military , secondly US generally back costa rica on international matters , third , any oent aht beleives this guy's crap story is more naive than a young puppy . this guy obviosuly ben wanting areason to hit costa rica ,adn did it then jsut blamed his invasion on google , he seriously can';t beso stupid as to use google maps for amilitary operation.

mattcha

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2010
[citation][nom]zoemayne[/nom]dam costa rica doesnt have a military hope they have good allies[/citation]

thing of all the billions of things google has indexed up to this point. there are bound to be mistakes...

marraco

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2007
Same week, a Bolivian army group crossed the river to Argentina, and confiscated farm machinery, because they were "invaders".

At least the Bolivian officer is fired and awaiting trial.

tommysch

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
Here is the plan:

1- set up a rebel pro American radio.
2- overthrow the elected ''despot''.
3- put me in power.
4- I want statues and portrait of myself everywhere!
5- ???
6- Profit!
7- Finance secret wars!

computerlame

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
It's a good thing Australian's don't use Google to plan their trips to the states. There's a few kayaking routes across the Pacific Ocean according to their travel advise. Same with those going from Japan to China. Google suggests a jet ski as step 43 in their directions.

joscasle

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2006
What's the problem if Costa Rica doesn't have an army? The problem is Nicaragua who use google maps as an official source. A lot of ignorant people in these site don't know that Costa Rica is the safest country in Central America, is the country with better social security, better education index, better income per person and other things, and its the only with out army, and these since 1949.

so, the problem not is Costa Rica,the problem is Nicaragua's military and government.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
I don't rely on Google Maps at all, but I see the point here. But don't blame it on them - I think they have a disclaimer regarding this.

G

man that was one bored general to be surfing around Google maps and randomly come upon a discrepancy, because you really got to be a special kind of crazy to actively cross reference Google maps and actual border data

G

google is my best navigator can i extend the territory of my country.. pls pls pls.. haha

G

I SO love reading the paranoid, fearful countries who have militaries all commenting on how "we can take these guys any time" because they don't have a military. Costa Rica has the right to raise a militia at any time and what is abolished is the STANDING army. That saves them a lot of money, makes them able to have world-class healthcare on a budget smaller than that of New Jersey, and they're still them the most secure and stable country in the whole benighted region. USA should learn, not scoff. USA spends more on the military than the next 27 nations combined and can't get it together to properly educate or medicate its own people!

endy307

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2010
OHHHHH no wonder gorge bush tough there where nuclear weapons in Iraq , apparently bush read that on the internet

Status
Not open for further replies.