Google Mistakes Michael Jackson's Death for Attack

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hixbot

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2007
uh omnimodis78, why did you quote my post about bad proofreading, then accuse me of not knowing what i'm talking about, and rant about MJ. Did you read what I posted? it had nothing to do with MJ.

also deuce271, a little late on that one.

kc5sym

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2004
i've always felt sorry for him. he was robbed of his childhood and very few people in the world have ever been in his place.
personally, I believe that he wasn't a pedophile and was just a misunderstood child himself.
his contributions to the entertainment industry were over long time ago and I doubt he would have made any true come-back... but i'm sorry to see that he won't get a chance at peace in his old age either.
not knowing the full details of his death atm... I question whether his early death from a heart attack will vindicate him to a certain degree. could it be that his claims of illness all these years were right and he wasn't bleaching his skin and walking around with surgical masks because he was crazy?

Hanin33

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2009
some people have very strange views on life... so he was an entertainer.. big deal... many people contribute far more with little to no recognition and yet, this person who sang a few songs and was most definitely doing provocative things with children (sleeping in the same room as them in a multi-room mansion is bizarre) is being hailed as someone to look up to? even if the allegations were untrue, he placed himself in the position to be accused. anyone else doing the same things would be in prison even on hearsay. so i ask, why should we extend praise to this person beyond wot anyone else would get?

The Schnoz

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2008
All this Michael Jackson hating has got to stop. He was never convicted of child molestation and it's very possible all that was lies to make money. I'm just glad to know that Michael Jackson is now somewhere in heaven blowing Bubbles.....the chimp. BTW, did anyone else wonder if they took the blanket off of "Blanket" to cover Michael up. Besides, look at the bright side, he could always come back as a dancing zombie. Frankly I'm suprised he died this young, after all many scientists have said that Jesus Juice is supposed to make you live longer. All jokes aside the man was a legend no matter how strange he was and he has the #1 selling album of all time. RIP Michael Jackson, for your years of entertaining us on and off stage. I ask that all of you poor some of your 40 on the curb, or if you don't have a 40 dangle a baby off a balcony, out of respect for the King of Pop. Here's to Michael Jackson, the most soulful white man who ever lived.

G

Hes a pedophile, there is no doubt, he just bought his way out of it. Good riddence, pedos are one of the lowest forms of life, i dont care how good you think his music was, hes a pedo, hes worthless.

G

i just think he wanted his childhood back and never found neverland while he was alive... hopefully he will find it wherever he is now... RIP

omnimodis78

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
HIXBOT! I am so sorry... I wrote that before my first cup of coffee and apparently I hit the wrong quotation mark... Yes, it was a stupid mistake on my part!!!! I meant to comment on the post above yours. Sorry again.

bunz_of_steel

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2008
Well now this is more like the kind of I.T. news that feeds the brain and can further my career! WoW THG way to go!! Sorry the guy passed away but I'm here to read about I.T. stuff not..... phfff!

m3kt3k

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2006
FOCUS PEOPLE FOCUS...
This is about google not able to contened with a real world matter. This is what they brag they can handle and yet when it happens they fail epicly. Can you imagine if Obama got shot. Googles response would be its an attack and stop googling Obama.

omnimodis78

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
Actually you guys are right - I did originally mean to mention that this story is also a bit misleading about one fact, I recall googling yesterday when I started getting that message from google but it wasn't even related to MJ or death, or anything to do with what might have been associated with that event. So, Google kinda lied here when they stated that "...difficulty accessing search results for queries related to Michael Jackson and saw the error page..." They should have just been open about the fact that random searchers were also affected. Oh my, I could not even imagine what would happen if a world-breaking news event would occur. Yeah, kinda scary actually.

trkorecky

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
[citation][nom]Hanin33[/nom]some people have very strange views on life... so he was an entertainer.. big deal... many people contribute far more with little to no recognition and yet, this person who sang a few songs and was most definitely doing provocative things with children (sleeping in the same room as them in a multi-room mansion is bizarre) is being hailed as someone to look up to? even if the allegations were untrue, he placed himself in the position to be accused. anyone else doing the same things would be in prison even on hearsay. so i ask, why should we extend praise to this person beyond wot anyone else would get?[/citation]
So you're saying we should take your parents to court for all the times you've gone crying into their bed in the middle of the night because you had a bad dream Michael Jackson is a musical legend, he doesn't hold the title of "King of Pop" for no reason. From a terrible childhood to a life ripped further apart by the media and people like yourself, it's no wonder he acted a little off the wall (no pun intended) at times. Thriller is still the best selling album worldwide.

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]trkorecky[/nom]So you're saying we should take your parents to court for all the times you've gone crying into their bed in the middle of the night because you had a bad dream Michael Jackson is a musical legend, he doesn't hold the title of "King of Pop" for no reason. From a terrible childhood to a life ripped further apart by the media and people like yourself, it's no wonder he acted a little off the wall (no pun intended) at times. Thriller is still the best selling album worldwide.[/citation]

What? That had nothing to do with what he said you fucktard.

The Schnoz

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2008
[citation][nom]Bunz_of_Steel[/nom]Well now this is more like the kind of I.T. news that feeds the brain and can further my career! WoW THG way to go!! Sorry the guy passed away but I'm here to read about I.T. stuff not..... phfff![/citation]
Actually this was about tech stuff jack ass. I think anything bringing Google down for 35 minutes or crushing web servers is tech related and should be posted so quit your bitching. Youre the same douche that complained when TH covered Steve Jobs liver transplant saying that wasn't tech related. How about this...read the headline, if you don't think it meets your criteria of "what is tech related" than don't fucking read it.

trkorecky

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
[citation][nom]kami3k[/nom]What? That had nothing to do with what he said you fucktard.[/citation]
No twat, the original poster was mentioning that Michael Jackson "...was most definitely doing provocative things with children (sleeping in the same room as them in a multi-room mansion)...anyone else doing the same things would be in prison even on hearsay..." Unless the original poster was in the room with Michael Jackson and witnessed inappropriate activity, there's no reason to assume that the child was molested. Assuming such and stating that anyone else doing similar would, by sleeping in the same room or bed as a child, be in prison for molestation is absurd. Were it true then we'd have to arrest nearly every parent whose child came in to their bedroom at night complaining of bad dreams because they've obviously molested the poor child.
Reading comprehension is a difficult task, I'm sorry that you're inept.

r0x0r

Distinguished
May 9, 2006
I wonder if the people giving MJ shit would be able to achieve what he did... Thought not.

This brings a quote to mind.

"It has always been the prerogative of half-wits and children to point out that the emperor has no clothes. But the half-with remains a half-wit and the emperor remains an emperor".

enforcer22

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006
[citation][nom]hixbot[/nom]uh omnimodis78, why did you quote my post about bad proofreading, then accuse me of not knowing what i'm talking about, and rant about MJ. Did you read what I posted? it had nothing to do with MJ.also deuce271, a little late on that one.[/citation]

Perhaps he did it becuase the only thing more annoying then constant typos are the constant retards pointing it out for no reason then to feel superier. just a thought but get the stick out of you'r ass. People make mistakes deal with it, Unless your perfect then I'm sorry.

Upendra09

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2009
Michael Jackson has to be given some respect, people all around him often back stabbed him, those lawsuits were most likely just to make money. And seriously, the man went through a lot of pain through his life, no child hood, abusive environment, back stabbing people etc.

Show some respect people

Status
Not open for further replies.