Google+ Now Open to Everyone With New Features

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
[citation][nom]Prince_Porter[/nom] Social networks are a great way to plan events, share photos, or keep in contact with business contacts. I use Google+ to stay in contact with every other game developer I know, [/citation]

All of those features you listed however are nothing new and have pre-existed social networking sites and pretty much have already been perfected. Also what type of events are you even speaking of? As for photo hosting and sharing this seems to be nothing but a
cry for attention to me when it comes to these social sites. Unless your somebody that people actually take interest in how many people do you think actually care to go through your pictures? Also for business I would find it highly unprofessional to use it for such a manner
even if you kept the message private why the heck just not email me normally? You know with my official business email meant to be used for that. As for game developers that is what their newsletters, their websites and even others sites regarding the topic are for.

If that is the best reasons you have then I am simply not impressed and still fail to see the logic behind it all. In-fact your mentioning the business part has put me off even more. I don't want people to contact me through such a manner for such a purpose.

As for thinking you're "cool", or above other people for NOT using them, get the f@#k over yourself, and throw your mac out the window while you're at it.

I don't think I am "cool" for not using them. I just notice that people tend to spend tons of time on them and seem to accomplish nothing at all. To me this is a disturbing trend at-least every other hobby tends to have some sort of positive aspect to it. Also I don't know if you have been living under a rock for sometime but Apple products are "in" now much like social networking sites so your comment completely fails to make the point your trying to make.

captaincharisma

Distinguished
[citation][nom]getreal[/nom]The Droid Bionic is faulty and emits a high-pitched noise when using the headphone jack. It is either due to lousy hardware (Motorola) or the lousy OS (Android). If you are in the market for a new phone, wait for the new iPhone in October; you will get much faster / more stable hardware and software.[/citation]

why resort to an iphone just get a nexus S or wait for the nexus prime. that way you know you will get constant OS updates like iphone but without being a slave to apple and itunes

anyway how does this relate to this article? oh wait i forgot it is an apple fanboi trying to troll

darasen

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2005
Social networking "friends" are merely an extension of a child's imaginary friend glossed over to look important or legitimate. the words social and keyboard (be it on a pc or mobile device) are antithetical.

G

Google+ seems to have a lot of unique features to it and shares a lot of the great features that make Facebook so good. In fact Facebook even borrowed an idea from Google+ with the new "follow" feature. I like the hangouts idea that cool and as far as the privacy issue I don't mind if My name and picture come up on Google. I used to go on Google and search for my Facebook page because it seemed cool so Having a Google+ account will guarantee me a spot in the search query. I'm glad Google+ is now open to everyone and I hope to see a lot of Facebook and Twitter users go on there.

G

Google+ seems to have a lot of unique features to it and shares a lot of the great features that make Facebook so good. In fact Facebook even borrowed an idea from Google+ with the new "follow" feature. I like the hangouts idea that cool and as far as the privacy issue I don't mind if My name and picture come up on Google. I used to go on Google and search for my Facebook page because it seemed cool so Having a Google+ account will guarantee me a spot in the search query. I'm glad Google+ is now open to everyone and I hope to see a lot of Facebook and Twitter users go on there.

Status
Not open for further replies.