Google on Glass Backlash: 'Messy' But Worth It

Status
Not open for further replies.

CraniumZ

Estimable
Jul 13, 2014
People over react to change. Phones, facebook and games were all rejected once albeit for different reasons. People will change their minds once they see the potential. People fear change as idiotic as it is. Enjoy your day.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
Google Glass is just the evolution of the cell phone. People will get over their knee-jerk fears and it will become yet another device difficult to live without. Once future versions (and competitors) come out with full field augmented reality, this will drastically change how we view the world. Having intelligent software that automatically gives you information about anything you are looking at will be a powerful tool. I am really looking forward to this. It is something out of a movie or video game.

Haravikk

Honorable
Sep 14, 2013
While I'm still undecided about the privacy issues (personally I hate that this includes a camera by default). My main issue with Glass is that it's just not a good device; the screen is tiny and awkward, the battery life is horrible and it just doesn't look comfortable to use at all. When people think Smart Glasses they think of a pair of regular glasses that displays a HUD/augmented reality type stuff right over what you can see, they don't think of glancing awkwardly (and sometimes painfully) up into the corner of their vision just to get access to some notifications while talking to themselves like an idiot to get access to other features. While the smart watches don't totally eliminate the need to talk to yourself to get access to more features, it seems by the more comfortable form factor, and just as useful (if not more so).

Status
Not open for further replies.