Review Google Pixel 8a hands-on review: Same low cost, smarter AI

May 7, 2024
There's still no Gemini app for the Pixel 8 here in Australia yet here were are with the Pixel 8a.....

The Pixel 8 "premium" experience has been a letdown to this long time Pixel/Nexus user. I feel scammed. It's unlikely my next phone will be a Pixel.

ej1

Estimable
Apr 30, 2020
In my Google Pixel 8a hands-on review, I'll detail everything that's new about this mid-range phone. From its handful of AI features, to its extended software support, and charming design, the Pixel 8a aims to be one of the best cheap phones around.

Google Pixel 8a hands-on review: Same low cost, smarter AI : Read more
John, Thanks for the review, but please provide a lot more details regarding the battery testing. What Hz did you use when testing the battery? Please see toms guide battery life reporting of the Pixel 8 to see how the reviewer provided multiple battery life data points depending on the screen Hz. Please do the same for the Pixel 8a. (The 7a data also specifies the Hz.)

Also, your article needs to be more objective. I'm surprised that your article did not address the big question of whether to get the Pixel 8 vs the 8a given that the two are so closely priced. (That's not to say that your comparisons of the 7a vs the 8a are not useful; thanks for doing that.)

Please amend/revise your article to address both of the above crucial topics. Thanks

May 19, 2024
So the battery life is better than the pixel 8 ?
I'm assuming people would like to see you compare this to the 8 to decide if the extra $200 is worth it or if they should just buy the 8a. I would be buying this on contract but I would still like to know if owing $500 is a smarter decision than buying an older device and owing $700

Reactions: ej1