Google Places 1st in the Nielsen's Top 10 Most-Visited Sites

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Why is Bing/MSN/Live linked together, but Microsoft is down below? If they are going to combine things then shouldn't all the MS sites be as one, which would put them well above Google, or not combined at all which would put the individual sites well below.

G

AOL media? thats a surprise... well only sort of, it is the first thing that pops up when you log on to their services, I wonder if this test included self generated tests, IE if you have to type in the address or it takes into account the homepage of your specific browser

alyoshka

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
DO they count the number of people visiting the site by the actual going into the site for results or just by the first hit of the browser?
Cos most people would have Google as their home page, the less aware ones about bandwidth usage would have either Yahoo, which has a habit of setting itself up as the homepage every time you come across a program or a search reference to them.
Or then for the ePeople who live only in the virtual world will have Facebook since they don't usually go anyplace else.....

alyoshka

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
And Ask.com......... lol
It usually asks me when installing any freeware on the rig whether it could plomp itself in my rig.... the obvious answer is NO you may not, so that goes to show the number of people who actually really still don't read instructions while setting up programs..... and just blindly go clicking next next yes yes accept accept accept next finish.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]alyoshka[/nom]And Ask.com......... lolIt usually asks me when installing any freeware on the rig whether it could plomp itself in my rig.... the obvious answer is NO you may not, so that goes to show the number of people who actually really still don't read instructions while setting up programs..... and just blindly go clicking next next yes yes accept accept accept next finish.[/citation]

in several programs I recently installed actually makes it seem like you can't install the program without installing their crap to, the key word is seems, I'm guessing most people won't notice that you can continue without installing it, and I'm not talking about the checkbox opt in or opt out, but menu options that say do not install.

Install, do not install, or cancel

so they get in that way to.

-------------------------------------------

That said who needs an app for Google? but Facebook on a mobile device almost requires it. I had to set that crap up for my mom

utag

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2012
I don't like monopoly so i hate this one. Because of Google has higher monopoly in search engine, internet ads markets. Its not good thing.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]digiex[/nom]...because there are only few tech savvy, intelligent people surfing the web.^_^[/citation]

try reading some of the gaming related articles on times, some of the people actually want videogames to require more than two high-end graphics cards.

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]try reading some of the gaming related articles on times, some of the people actually want videogames to require more than two high-end graphics cards.[/citation]
That's not a great idea. not everyone can afford that. i rather see a more refined engine, than a repeat of crysis.
[citation][nom]digiex[/nom]...because there are only few tech savvy, intelligent people surfing the web.^_^[/citation]
So you're right after all, there are very few ;)

darkrydr3

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2008
Does it count that many people use Google.com as their home page, automatically making it a visited page upon opening the web browser?

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
That search engines get a lot of traffic is obvious
I think it would be more interesting to see a top 10 without them.

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
[citation][nom]mouse240[/nom]AOL media? thats a surprise... well only sort of, it is the first thing that pops up when you log on to their services, I wonder if this test included self generated tests, IE if you have to type in the address or it takes into account the homepage of your specific browser[/citation]

I wonder how far down the list of top sites AOL would be if you excluded Engadget?

Status
Not open for further replies.