Google+'s Female Membership is Growing Fast

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
I can't ever get into Google+. It keeps saying for me that it has closed its doors due to still being in the testing stage. Now I wonder if I make a new Google account and claim that I'm female, if that will get me in. LOL

dragonic2020

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2011
[citation][nom]JOSHSKORN[/nom]I can't ever get into Google+. It keeps saying for me that it has closed its doors due to still being in the testing stage. Now I wonder if I make a new Google account and claim that I'm female, if that will get me in. LOL[/citation]
Interesting proposition... let me test your theory.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
My wife got an email from someone in her blog circle. That email included a random link at the bottom inviting her to Google+. It was not a Google+ email invitation, it was just a "hey, fill out this questionnaire" email. The blog system they use is Blogger (owned by Google), so that may have had something to do with it too. But after reading about the low percentage of female users, I wonder if Google didn't manage to find some extra memberships laying around that it happened to hand out to female users of their other services.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
[citation][nom]pinkeyes[/nom]I just joined recently, but 1 out of 11 is female. It's funny because my friends were just talking the other day about the lake of females.[/citation]
I think you are talking about "lack", not "lake". kinda different, although I would take a plunge if there were such a lake...

Status
Not open for further replies.