Google Serving Gingerbread Soon Says Schmidt

Status
Not open for further replies.

longshotthe1st

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2010
All those new features sound great and everything, but how about letting us delete the stock apps that we don't want or at least make it so they don't restart 5min. later after you kill them. Also, how about making the touchscreen keyboard better. For example, if I type too fast, it deletes the previous letter which is a pain in the arse.

micr0be

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2009
we still dont know what are the specifications needed for the update to take place ... will it work on droid and milestone ? will it work with droid X or epic 4g ..... what is the list of phones that will be able to support this upgrade ...thats what i want to know !!

kernal9911

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2010
[citation][nom]neiroatopelcc[/nom]A post by Kevin without any obvious typos ? what went wrong?[/citation]

This means the Gingerbread-welding consumer can wave

I think welding your OS would be against the EULA, what with all the sparks and such.

awood28211

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2007
[citation][nom]longshotthe1st[/nom]All those new features sound great and everything, but how about letting us delete the stock apps that we don't want or at least make it so they don't restart 5min. later after you kill them. Also, how about making the touchscreen keyboard better. For example, if I type too fast, it deletes the previous letter which is a pain in the arse.[/citation]

I think you should blame that on your hardware, not your OS. I have the Evo, 2 of them actually, and I have never had such a problem and i can type just about as fast on the touch screen as i can with a "real" keyboard (on a phone)...which is pretty fast...

Agreed fully on the stock apps thing. I could care less to uninstall if they'd just stay "stopped".

cphorn15

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2010
Stock apps can be deleted if you root the phone, which has become extremely easy these days. However if you don't want to do that, then just pay the extra $300 for your phone and get it straight from the manufacturer. At least then it will only come with their stock apps and not AT&T's or Verizon's.

longshotthe1st

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2010
[citation][nom]awood28211[/nom]I think you should blame that on your hardware, not your OS. I have the Evo, 2 of them actually, and I have never had such a problem and i can type just about as fast on the touch screen as i can with a "real" keyboard (on a phone)...which is pretty fast... Agreed fully on the stock apps thing. I could care less to uninstall if they'd just stay "stopped".[/citation]
Yeah that was my fault, I should have waited and got a droid2, I hate touchscreens now lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.