Google: So Where Should Google Fiber Go Next?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jigo

Honorable
Oct 8, 2012
[citation][nom]adsfq23dd12[/nom]fuck the usa, they have fast enough lines that are cheap. come to south africa.i pay 1000 a month for an 400 kb/s line, thats 1/3 a ps3 price. and the service is shit, the line is never constantly on etc..and i cant go anywhere else because there is a monopoly, unless you are willing to go to wireless and then you will really suffer.[/citation]

chose another country dearest comrade, if that is your only concern. or move to another city

TeraMedia

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2006
@Parrish: Why exactly should the two cities be near each other? Unless Google is running a fiber trunk between the two and essentially creating a mesh network across the US, I don't see the point. They have presumably patched in their primary switch center to a primary or secondary trunk (I don't know the exact terms, but you can all probably see what I'm getting at), and the second city could do the same. Plus, how much traffic is going to flow between KC and a neighboring city, vs. KC and internet server farms providing Google, YouTube, Facebook, etc. content?

G

NH! who are we kidding, Verizon tried bringing fios, Comast flipped there sh*t when something like 8 out of 10 households were switching to fios, next thing you know Verizon wasnt allowed to expand and sold the existing network to fairpoint which promptly took a dump on verizon's existing network. From what i remember Comcast had a contract with the towns that they were the only ones allowed to offer all 3 services where it was an option...Now i live in northern NH where Metrocast has the monopoly and every night at 12am the nearest server kicks every connected device off its system for 10-30min and metrocast has no idea why. Please google, bring fiber our way.

Status
Not open for further replies.