Google Sued For Exposing Woman's Underwear

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mikem_90

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
Actually, I have heard a bit where it was not the Google car that took the photo, but someone who uploaded the photo to Google.

If that is the case, then Google might need to scrutinize incoming photos a bit more, but really, we're still talking about millions. I'm sure the people who do this have brains of Tapioca after sifting through photos for 6-8 hours a day.

Either that or people should do a bit of self checking to alert Google to pics in their neighborhood that might be inappropriate.

Heck, have alerts sent to you if new pictures get posted about a region you have interest in (ie home) if you want to keep an eye for these things? Bet that would be nicer.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
Oh come on...I realize Japanese home are small, I've lived in one, but I reiterate what I've been saying all along for these suits - if it's outside, it's in public domain.

bv90andy

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
So why didn't she just make a complaint? I hear it's really easy to remove pictures, and it would not have ended all over the news. How are we supposed to believe that she is not just trying to make money?

G

Google showed me the wrong house on the map, which was supposed to be my house. I was arrested because google took me to the wrong house and I just went in......................CAN YOU SAY LAWSUIT?!?!?! I'M RICH!!!!

alextheblue

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2001
[citation][nom]nekatreven[/nom]They showed the sky over my house! The sky! ...that, it was over my HOUSE!! it was THE SKY![/citation]
Was there a net in the sky!??

razor512

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
Stupidity is a serious epidemic and it is up to every country across the world to do what is right and stop them from reproducing.

That lady is clearly caught in a cycle of infinite stupidity, if she things that she can sue because there is a picture of her clothes which she hung in clear view of the public.

I bet she was one of those bullies in school who would make a loud noise then hit you for looking at them.

It has nothing to do with OCD as only people who know her and where she lives, would know what that picture was, and in that case, they don't need google earth to see that.

OCD is a serious problem which needs treatment. Thinking that you or your home is invisible to everyone unless there is a digital photo of it, is stupidity and with our current technology, the only treatment for that is being put down.

enforcer22

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006
Just fyi alidan the better Better Business Bureau doesnt really do jack anything but put a mark on thier company with a complaint from some random person who could or could not be totaly insane or just out to get you for no reason.

Also i think they are talking about people who spill coffee on them selves "not knowing" its hot and sue for 12billion. Or companys like rambus who sue becuase its the thing to do right now.

bebangs

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2009
the compensation sounds reasonable - $7000.

if this was in US - this would be around $5million.

then again, this kind of lawsuit is unnecessary, simply talk to google to remove it and call it a day.

aaron88_7

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2010
[citation][nom]EnFoRceR22[/nom]Just fyi alidan the better Better Business Bureau doesnt really do jack anything but put a mark on thier company with a complaint from some random person who could or could not be totaly insane or just out to get you for no reason.Also i think they are talking about people who spill coffee on them selves "not knowing" its hot and sue for 12billion. Or companys like rambus who sue becuase its the thing to do right now.[/citation]
BBB has power over companies that want to keep their BBB status in good condition. I'm not even sure Google is affiliated with the BBB, I believe participation is purely optional.

I wouldn't say they can't do jack though, they helped me when Sprint signed me up for a contract without my approval. Otherwise I would have been stuck with their crappy service for 2 years or pay a cancellation fee for a contract I never agreed to. But I don't know what the BBB could do since Google doesn't sell services or products, it's just an advertising company basically.

Status
Not open for further replies.