Google Sued Over Defective Android Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.

reprotected

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
Can I sue Google for incompatible apps for my phone? My Galaxy S2 has the model number I9100M, and just because of this one M in here (Bell Canada Galaxy S2), I am cursed of not being able to purchase a few games that were meant to be compatible with the original S2.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
Ehh I've had many apps like that. I just wait for them to support my phone or tablet.
Still, it would be nice to have some moderation on the market.

G

Really? You get a guaranteed full refund if you request for it within 15 minutes of purchasing an app but because it took him 20 minutes to realize the app is bad, he's suing?

awood28211

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2007
A 15 minute return policy is a little short... I mean how can one fully eval an app in 15 minutes? I know they shortened it to this to keep casual gamers from purchasing and returning without having to pay but in reality it makes no sense to force buyers to purchase from only descriptions, screenshots and reviews and then to find the app doesn't work on a device or is not as advertised and then not have any recourse after only 15 minutes is just silly. I play the official Scrabble app on my phone frequently... and fortunately it's free but it has so many issues that if I had to pay for it I would be VERY disgruntled. Frequent crashes, VERY slow, frequent error messages... and a high probability your opponent is cheating... 15 minutes would have been barely enough time to even start a game let alone determine that the app itself is that unreliable... I love my android but they do need some better safeguards for the consumer in the app store.

Dantte

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2011
Let me summarize this article: "Its not my responsibility to know what I'm downloading, so I'm going to sue you for my incompetence!"

willard

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
So I'm not the only one who thinks all the BitTorrent clients on Android are garbage? Tried them all, most failed to work at all, the ones that did work failed to use even 1% of my available bandwidth.

tsnorquist

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009
Wish i could sue google to get Youtube working on my Atrix ... darn thing locks up whenever it feels like it. Have to pull the whole phone apart (Otter Box case) and pop the battery out to fix it =*( **

cknobman

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
Honestly the return window is too short. Then you get developers that are not honest about compatibility in their app descriptions and you dont really know until you buy and install if the app will work.

This is mostly a platform issue and Googles fault. By being so open and not restricting device manufacturers, carriers, or developers the entire platform is terribly fragmented making a nightmare for users and developers.

I have had 2 years with Android and while I like some things about it I feel the thing requires too much babysitting.

My next phone will be a Windows phone.

supall

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011
[citation][nom]cknobman[/nom]Honestly the return window is too short. Then you get developers that are not honest about compatibility in their app descriptions and you dont really know until you buy and install if the app will work.This is mostly a platform issue and Googles fault. By being so open and not restricting device manufacturers, carriers, or developers the entire platform is terribly fragmented making a nightmare for users and developers.I have had 2 years with Android and while I like some things about it I feel the thing requires too much babysitting. My next phone will be a Windows phone.[/citation]

So let me get this straight. If software doesn't work on your Windows desktop OS due to hardware differences, it isn't the software developer's fault, its Microsoft's? So Microsoft must now go through each software developed for their OS and make sure it runs on every possible hardware combination?

There is already a precedence that puts Google in the clear of this one. If the issue is getting a refund, why not try to contact the developer's directly? Most developer's are more than willing to refund a product that does not work on their device.

smleth

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2009
I bought a program from BestBuy for my PC and it didn't work as advertised, so I am going to sue BestBuy cause they didn't test it on my computer first...

What BS...

halcyon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2004
[citation][nom]smleth[/nom]I bought a program from BestBuy for my PC and it didn't work as advertised, so I am going to sue BestBuy cause they didn't test it on my computer first...What BS...[/citation]
Hey, some US judge would award you a few million too...so don't scoff at it.

jungleboogiemonster

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2007
So, if I purchase an app that does nothing more than steals my information and fails to function as advertised I can't get a refund? I want to be an app developer!

v1ze

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2009
my favorite bug is when I receive a call while I'm on a call, I can switch between them just fine but if I end either call it hangs up on both calls!

Status
Not open for further replies.