Google Sued Over Safe Shopping Feature

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lmeow

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2010
Am I the only one who thinks it's quite sad that every page of articles on THG has at least one article concerning patents and lawsuits?

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
can someone tell me what these do? Because really what it sounds like just by reading this is that buysafe is kind of a bank like thing, and certain stores are ones that won't rip you off.

RogueKitsune

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2009
I want to get a patent for innovation and word it as "the process of making things/processes better or making new things/processes"..... if i couldn't get that one I could always try to patent "patent trolling"

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]deejaybos[/nom]THG doesn't make the news, they just report it.[/citation]

Not exactly true.
By selecting what incident you report and what you do not report you inject a certain bias into the 'news'. Not necessarily on purpose, but it happens as editors are only humans too.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]celpas[/nom]google has so much cash it will just "buy" buysafe.lol[/citation]

I think that's what this is about. Two previous 'negotiations' where not successful... sounds to me like Google did not offer enough $$$. So not it is round 3 of the negotiations :)

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]RogueKitsune[/nom]I want to get a patent for innovation and word it as "the process of making things/processes better or making new things/processes"..... if i couldn't get that one I could always try to patent "patent trolling"[/citation]
IBM has been trying to patent "patent trolling" for years now and keeps getting rejected, so you will have a fight getting that one.

hetneo

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2011
[citation][nom]goatsetung[/nom]What the bloody hell happened to "competition"?[/citation]
It's banned, competition is infringing of patents ;)

xyster

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2005
From my understanding, I do think that Google is at fault.

It's hardly fair competition if your competitor can essentially blacklist you from search results and use its endless cash backing to starve your only business model into non-existence. Add on top of that the blatant and arrogant disregard of your patents by them, since they can keep any court case tied up long enough for you to be first thrown onto the street begging for cash.

google definitely has many monopoly-like attributes; and they are using them to their fullest. don't be dull by believing otherwise.

DaveUK

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2006
If it's true that an executive from one of my business partners left to join another company who then mysteriously deployed a competing product using those ideas, then I really feel for this company.

Anyone who doesn't think this kind of thing goes on in the corporate world is extremely naive.

Yes, we're all fed up of hearing about patent suits. But it's important that we remember the patent system is also there to protect and safeguard innovation and ideas from being ripped off - particularly when there is a larger company involved that have the assets and finances to give them an advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.