Google Updates Search App With Voice For iOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
I don't think the knowledge graph is available in my country.. It doesn't seem to bring up the same answers (instead, very simplified versions) as those that are shown in video's asking the same questions.

I'm in Australia by the way.

Oh well, still beats the crap out of my friends iPhones haha.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
[citation][nom]eternalkp[/nom]it's great but it doesn't do "set reminder" "send text to *** "[/citation]
Yes it does. :\ I've used it several times for both.

The reminder doesn't work for dates yet though I think. Just reminders for within the same day.

Gotta love how Google worries about making an iOS app work instead of giving ICS the voice search abilities. It runs fine but ICS, but you have to install a modified version as Google feels only JB should get it. Stupid.

wildkitten

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
[citation][nom]house70[/nom]The best would be if it popped up a message saying "if you like this, imagine how good it is on an Android phone".[/citation]
If you have JB, which the vast majority of Android phones don't. Nearly a year after ICS released, my Android phone just got that. While we have been promised JB, it's likely Mango or Nutella or Orange Tang will be out by the time we do.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
[citation][nom]eternalkp[/nom]it's great but it doesn't do "set reminder" "send text to *** "[/citation]
yeah it does... i use it on my nexus all the time.

khha4113

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
[citation][nom]eklipz330[/nom]yeah it does... i use it on my nexus all the time.[/citation]
Uh, this app for iOS not Android!

RabidFace

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2009
Wonder how long before Apple blocks this. God forbid someone does something superior to what Apple offers, then they call it inferior.

Status
Not open for further replies.