Google Updates Voice Search for iOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

edgewood112358

Honorable
Mar 13, 2012
Very cool! I deleted the google voice search app after they released chrome for iOS, but this looks like a good reason to re-install it. Hopefully it works well though- functionality even close to what's in the add would be phenomenal!

aftcomet

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2010
[citation][nom]edgewood112358[/nom]Very cool! I deleted the google voice search app after they released chrome for iOS, but this looks like a good reason to re-install it. Hopefully it works well though- functionality even close to what's in the add would be phenomenal![/citation]

.....You use iOS???

Leave. NOW.

edgewood112358

Honorable
Mar 13, 2012
[citation][nom]aftcomet[/nom].....You use iOS???Leave. NOW.[/citation]

Beggars can't be choosers; I got my iphone from one of my friends who was getting the 4S... previously I had a crappy motorola flip phone

aftcomet

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2010
[citation][nom]edgewood112358[/nom]Beggars can't be choosers; I got my iphone from one of my friends who was getting the 4S... previously I had a crappy motorola flip phone[/citation]

My heart goes out to you.

dthx

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2010
If I understand correctly, it works on iPhone 3G, 3GS and 4 as well ;-) models where Apple doesn't support Siri !!! A smart move by Google IMHO ! I wouldn't be so surprised if due to this Apple will soon announce that due to some revolutionary finding by their developers, Siri will finally be supported on "old" iPhones after all (or are they going to abandon the revenue of those searches to google?)

dotaloc

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2008
Well played, Google.

I hope Voice Search for 2.3 (Gingerbread) gets updated, too. I use it occasionally for sending texts and GPS navigation, but natural questions would be convenient.

dotaloc

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2008
[citation][nom]jacekring[/nom]Get Iris, it's free from the google app store. It can make calendar appointments, set your alarm clock, send text messages, search for video's, search for anything.[/citation]I feel you, and have tried IRIS, but shouldn't an update that iOS (both current and older versions) users get come to older android devices, too? Before, I thought Voice Search worked better for some things, and IRIS for others...maybe I'll give IRIS a shot for helping with the few things I use VS for.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.