Google Uses Ad to Explain Offensive First Lady Pic

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

o0RaidR0o

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2006
[citation][nom]Computer_Lots[/nom]So, oORaidROo, there are a few things we need to clear up...Racist and Right-Wing are not necessarily the same thing. There are many racist Democrats. I am a conservative-minded individual (right-wing to some people) but an definitely not a racist.Joe Wilson is also not a racist just because he called Obama a liar. I guess your memory is a little short. I remember much hate speech against pres Bush calling him a liar. You know "Bush lied, people died". It's not an impossibility for a politician to lie from time to time. Actually, they're probably lying more than they're telling the truth, Dems and Repubs alike.As for the Obama, Hitler pics... they certainly not racist since Hitler was white but are more political suggesting that Obama is a dictator. The questions about Obama's birth are legitimate. If he wasn't in fact born in the U.S then he's not eligible to be President. He still hasn't proven his birthplace by the way.Now, as for the picture... I think it's stupid and not really even funny. However, not really worth a bunch of controversy in my opinion.[/citation]

Yes hate speech calling Bush a liar, but never has he been interrupted during a session being shouted at as a liar. Although right-wingers are not necessarily racist, however in the political arena it has been the right-wing mechanism behind most of the public instances against Obama. Anyone can say they are this or that, in the end it's up to the Secret Service or whomever is charge of such matters to prove otherwise, and they have proved Obama to be of American birth. Yes Hitler was a dictator, but can you say Mein Kampf, Nazism, which are all understood to be partly about racism or more precisely the White Supremecy!? There are many dictators they could have choosen for there political purpose, such as Joseph Stalin, Mao Tse-Tung, Kim Jong Il, etc. Neither of the aforementioned have the associations between Whites, Blacks, and racism as they do here in America.

So I standby my comments!

o0RaidR0o

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2006
[citation][nom]squidrott[/nom]100 more gens isn't going to do a damn thing if everyone keeps throwing around the word "racist" every time someone does something to a non-white person that wouldn't cause anyone to flinch if it were directed at a white person. The term racist gets over played...Why is it OK to call other presidents liars and make odd caricatures of them, but not of the Obamas? As it's been said, that's what we modern people call Double Standards...and unfortunately, it's also what breeds more of what is actual racism. I've always believed everyone should be treated equal, regardless. ...but apparently equality only counts when non-whites don't get their butts hurt in the process...I agree the picture was a tad tasteless, and I don't find humor in it, but neither did I find humor in it when other presidents were succumb to the same thing. But you don't see me crying about it. It's a picture...on the "interweb"! ...there's worse out there, get over it.[/citation]

Excuse me but depicting any black person as monkey really doesn't ring racist to you? Other examples, Mayor Dean Grose was forced to apologize after it was reported he sent an e-mail out to colleagues and business people--including a black woman who serves on a committee with the mayor--that depicts the White House lawn planted with watermelons, New York Post owner Rupert Murdoch was forced to give a rare apology after a racially offensive political cartoon sparked daily protests outside the newspaper's offices. The cartoon depicted two New York cops shooting a chimpanzee. The cartoonist linked the rampage of a chimp that tore off a woman's face to the creation of the stimulus package. It's just not the same thing! Other Presidents weren't black, and as American history has proven Whites have had been in control and have set the standard for all things when it comes to advantages in the sense of superiority.

tomrippity02

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2009
[citation][nom]joebob2000[/nom]If you want prefiltered search results, head on over to Digg. As it is, this is one of those cases that I can see the appeal of a Digg style model on Google helping to relegate that racist degenerate's idea of a joke into the dustbin of the internet.[/citation]

Are all of the images found on google comparing George W to a monkey also racist? Get over it.

squidrott

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2008
[citation][nom]o0RaidR0o[/nom]Excuse me but depicting any black person as monkey really doesn't ring racist to you?[/citation]That's what bothers me about our cultural...or at least the American culture.
Why does there have to be such a negative association between any black person and a monkey?! Why? Think about that for a second...drop all negative thoughts on the subject and think about it. What could they be suggesting? They do these associations between monkeys and non-black people as well...what are they implying?
If people can't think of anything, then that's sad. It's sad that our culture is that brainwashed.

As I said, I don't find it offensive...I find it stupid and lacking of any humor, but I certainly don't find it offensive.
I take it for what it is, and what it would be if a person of any color was depicted as such: a stupid picture relating back to man's thought-to-be evolutionary step. Period. See how that's done? No racial connotation.

And yes, I comprehend the racial connotation the picture is implying, but I don't like how that's being forced on me by our culture. It's personal choice to see things how we choose, we have the ability to come to our own conclusions...to make our own interpretations.
But no, we're imprinted early on, that there has to be a negative connotation between any black person and a monkey. ...and if it's not early on that we learn that, we find out later in life when someone finds it necessary to point it out.

rockstone1

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2007
The Right Wing Party (Republican) was the party that Lincoln was a part of, so yeah, Republicans are not Racist.

This picture is offensive, but it's America, and it is protected free speech.

Unless you are a Democrat, where free speech = anything that isn't against their beliefs.

nOv1c3

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009
This is nothing but censorship , Plain and simple , Its going on at youtube also , Google owns youtube

Google is in bed with the Oboma adminstration , Every one should know by now that Andrew McLaughlin, A top Google executive, has joined the Obama administration as the “Deputy Chief Technology Officer”

I dont use google anymore , Bunch of left wing nutt jobs running it, There is so many other great search engines out there

Status
Not open for further replies.