Google Working on Game Center Competitor for Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
Android needs its own gaming hub like Apple's Game Center for iOS devices.

No, Android (and iOS) both need games that offer something more than flinging birds or popping bubbles. Oh wait... we're talking handheld gaming here. MODERN handheld gaming, that is. In the era of Windows Mobile (back in the PDAs days), I had all kinds of kickass games on my PDA. There was Heroes of Might and Magic, which was awesome. There were all kinds of RPGs. Heck, I had a strategy game there that I found more entertaining than some strategies on the desktop! And what do we have now? Hardware that's 10x as powerful and games that are 10x as bad. It's LAME. Game Center doesn't help if there're tons of crap there.

G

@amk-aka Phantom
*Takes alot of restraining to not calling you an idiot....

Android gaming is unorganized, when you look through top games theres always angry birds, fruit slice... etc. but with a PROPER game advertisement system, we can get proper games.

why dont you play Dungeon Defenders? Chaos Online? Zenonia? Pocket Empires? NFS?
Android has great games. but as you are a perfect example of a android user who doesnt even know what's out there, you of all people should understand the necessity of this game distribution and tracking system.

Just because we use old technology(In terms of speed and power compared to PC) doesnt mean we use old software. We have made many great software developments since days of pentium. Can you imagine windows 7 now without the drag-to-border-maximize function? i cant.

android has many things in it that you dont even realize about. So stop moaning and get your facts straight.

G

[citation][nom]Kevin Parrish[/nom]Google Working on EXACT DUPLICATE OF APPLE'S GAMECENTER for Android[/citation]

Fixed the title of this post!

G

Great now everyone's copying Microsoft and Xbox Live. First Sony with trophies and now Google with their "Gaming Hub". Really? SMH.

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
I'm actually excited about this. I have a Galaxy Nexus, which is quite powerful enough for gaming, but since I can't find the good games out there, I just play vintage RPGs on an emulator. I spend more than an hour each day on the bus, a good game would really help to kill time.

kingssman

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2006
Never ga ga over mobile games. However I would like to see more utility apps and non gaming apps on the android. Good apps too, not junk flashlights or levelers, something like augmented reality and music tools.

tashfeenmajid

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2010
@ droidCOPYcenter

STFU, Apple gaming center is nothing more than a copy of XBOX Live, Steam, Windows Live, GameSpy, etc..... that came way before apple knew anything about gaming. If anyone says that Google is copying Apple, then they should also point out that Apple copied everyone else first!

And whats up with this Kevin Parrish guy? Does he have something against Google/Android, Is he a diehard Apple/iPhone fanboy, or he simply gets paid by Toms to write shitty articles like these? The other day he was complaining about Google changing Android completely after the release of iPhone... GTFO man, get your facts right! If you want to say that Google copied anyone, then say that they copied Steam or Microsoft etc.... not Apple. Idiot

anti-painkilla

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2011
[citation][nom]haley_06[/nom]my buddy's mom earned $20073 past month. she is making an income on the laptop and got a $391200 condo. All she did was get lucky and put into work the information written on this website lazycash42.c()m[/citation]

Your buddys mom is lying about where the money comes from. Didnt realise cam shows paid that well.

Status
Not open for further replies.