Google's Car Ticketed for Moving Violation

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]fatedtodie[/nom]Google just wants the free press from you chumps that run this story.[/citation]

So they risk breaking the law? Doubtful.

superblahman123

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2009
[citation][nom]fatedtodie[/nom]Google just wants the free press from you chumps that run this story.[/citation]

Google needs press? Show me a man that knows not of google, and I show you a man that lives in a cave.

G

@ superblahman123
The Yuqui people of Bolivia. They live in a national park, and so are mostly protected from people trying to make contact with them (who would carry disease from which the natives have no immunity).

And do not show me the man who lives in a cave/house. I already watched a special on that guy.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]andftyhs[/nom]@ superblahman123The Yuqui people of Bolivia. They live in a national park, and so are mostly protected from people trying to make contact with them (who would carry disease from which the natives have no immunity).And do not show me the man who lives in a cave/house. I already watched a special on that guy.[/citation]

I somehow doubt Google is trying to reach the Yuqui people.

etrnl_frost

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2009
[citation][nom]superblahman123[/nom]Google needs press? Show me a man that knows not of google, and I show you a man that lives in a cave.[/citation]
Incidentally, the man found the cave via google.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
[citation][nom]Pei-chen[/nom]What cellphone was he using? That's some amazing picture by cellphone standard.[/citation]

Talking about European cellphones, it's probably one of those high-end Nokias...

KyleSTL

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2007
Look up Laguna Seca raceway in California. The track allowed a streetview car a lap or two with some ALMS cars. I think they're kinda cool shots, personally. Although they didn't post any pictures of the 'cork screw' section of the track.

Volvo V70 T5 police cars are sweet, BTW. I wish America could have such cool law inforcement vehicles. Although some states have Camaro SS, Dodge Magnum or Charger highway patrol cars.

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
[citation][nom]KyleSTL[/nom]Volvo V70 T5 police cars are sweet, BTW. I wish America could have such cool law inforcement vehicles. Although some states have Camaro SS, Dodge Magnum or Charger highway patrol cars.[/citation]
The Volvo V70 is a Wagon... You love minivans too?

Hanin33

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2009
you know... that might make a good cover for a stalker/theif... pose as a google view car while casing a prospective mark... brilliant! so i pose... should google have one of their lackey's pull a heist on a local s&l and post the mayhem on their site? would make for the most excellent of advertisements if i ever said so, and i do. and for those wondering about the need of google advertisement in general, please, don't be so arrogant as to believe every soul in this tarnished nation or world has a internet connection or PC capable of viewing their injected ads! or home for that matter with this eco-ma-con-oh-me!

rooket

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
I keep all my cars parked inside. They can take a million photos of the front of the house for all I care. I don't think there's a big issue with google, anyone can come by and photograph a house. People just need more stuff to complain about is all.

bmxmon

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2007
My friend from the UK has a phone with an 8.1mp camera. Insane when you consider my DSLR is only a 6mp. The lens quality makes up for it though...

my_name_is_earl

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2009
Dude, the law in the US said you can take any picture in most public places like street and stuff. It's not like they went into your house and took a bunch of photos. The Google satellite map images is awesome. Don't like it? Move to Canada and $hut up. What sup with Google car being chase. Feel kinda sad for the guy who drove that car he just wanted to earn an honest living.

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
Godwin Street? Are you serious? I bet the conversation went something like this Officer: "Sir, do you know you were in a taxicab lane and your car is not a taxi?" Googler: "Sure, you know who else said 'only taxicabs can use the taxicab lane'? That's right. Hitler."

Status
Not open for further replies.