Google's Sergey Brin Hits the NYC Subway with Project Glass

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcorp2003

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
I like google glass project. but i'm concern about the privacy issue. like i don't want to be video taped in public and be streamed all over the internet. they should have a status light somewhere that tells the public that this person is currently videoing.

bisso

Honorable
Jan 7, 2013
My phone can film you in HD from any angle (more than what my head could reach) without a little light or anything. This sadly is the way things will be, don't think we can stop it.

Northwestern

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011
[citation][nom]mcd023[/nom]I wonder if the interface will have many similarities with the devices used in AccelWorld. man I'm nerdy[/citation]
*High Five*

Everyone here should read that, one hell of a manga based around technology.

basketcase87

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2011
[citation][nom]kcorp2003[/nom]I like google glass project. but i'm concern about the privacy issue. like i don't want to be video taped in public and be streamed all over the internet. they should have a status light somewhere that tells the public that this person is currently videoing.[/citation]You're kidding yourself if you think there aren't dozens of ways that people could already be video taping you in public. Cell phones, security cameras, any kind of tiny digital camera. At least this is obvious and recognizable (at this point).

scythe944

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
Sorry for the sarcastic remark. On another note, the people who are worried about "video recording" by this device obviously don't know that there have been cameras built into glasses for years now. My 50+ year old father bought a pair a few years ago to wear while he was fishing. Same thing, minus the cool OS and other features. Seriously though, people can record (and already do record) you all the time, probably without your knowledge. Get over it, it's only going to get worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.