Question GPU utilisation decreases while charging

Aug 13, 2022
Hi, I've a Dell Inspiron 15 7567 laptop which is equipped with i5-7300HQ and GTX 1050Ti .Recently I've been playing AC Origins and sometime I get 50 fps while charging . But my BIOS has been indicating that the laptop original charger is not recognized even though it charges my battery fine.
Sometimes ,only sometimes the game is running fine while charging ,but most of the time GPU utilization tends to 30% or so from 99% when charging but when I remove my charger it becomes normal and again I get 99% utilization.
My GPU temps are fine and Drivers are up to date....
Any advise Guys??

Reactions: bloodyranger
Aug 13, 2022
Hi, I've a Dell Inspiron 15 7567 laptop which is equipped with i5-7300HQ and GTX 1050Ti .Recently I've been playing AC Origins and sometime I get 50 fps while charging . But my BIOS has been indicating that the laptop original charger is not recognized even though it charges my battery fine.
Sometimes ,only sometimes the game is running fine while charging ,but most of the time GPU utilization tends to 30% or so from 99% when charging but when I remove my charger it becomes normal and again I get 99% utilization.
My GPU temps are fine and Drivers are up to date....
Any advise Guys??
I found a solution for my problem . It is not a problem of my battery charger, well it's the nvidia drivers. First I uninstalled the driver completely by using DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) and reinstalled it from official nvidia webpage and that fixed my problem.

NB : I've been using Nvidia performance overlay for FPS indication and stuff, a friend of mine suggested to use msi Afterburner because it is a more stable than nvidia's.