FadingWest307

Estimable
Dec 3, 2015
My sister pretty much took ownership of my year old Dell XPS 15 so I'm getting myself a new HP for Christmas. I found out my company has a sizeable discount program with HP so competitors were out. I decided on an ENVY 17t. I upgraded some of the base model options & came up with the specs below.

•Windows 7 Pro 64
•12GB DDR3L - 2 DIMM
•1TB 5400 rpm Hard Drive
•6th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ Quad Core Processor + NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M 4GB Discrete Graphics
•Intel 802.11ac WLAN and Bluetooth(R) [1x1]

I travel quite a bit & was not buying exclusively for gaming. Just was looking for a machine in the $1000 ballpark with portability & performance. Does this shake out for gaming on a $950 pricetag?

Solution
I would really expect an ssd at this price but I am not that surprised. It should be ok but a gtx 960m is generally recommended for gamers. You could look at the asus gl series as some of them should be within your price range.
I would really expect an ssd at this price but I am not that surprised. It should be ok but a gtx 960m is generally recommended for gamers. You could look at the asus gl series as some of them should be within your price range.

Solution