Graphic Memory Intel HD 4000 Review or Performance

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution

Notice I did not say "good" I said "fairly decent".

However, Intel has made very good progress since their GMA 4500 integrated graphic core in only a few years; due to Apple's prodding for better integrated graphics performance. The Intel HD 4000 is basically equal to to the desktop Radeon HD 5550 and the integrated Radeon HD 7660g is basically equivalent to a desktop Radeon HD 5570. Yeah, sure, the Radeon HD 7660g does perform better than the Intel HD 4000. However, how long has AMD/ATI been producing integrated...

Junoh315

Honorable
Feb 9, 2013
Considering that right now I have a Geforce 6150 LE in my PC, I would love to upgrade. Glad to know that I can survive off of having no video card if I switch to the Core i5 or i7. I think that my current integrated chip is three up from the bottom which is much worse than being halfway to the top.

I might put off buying a video card since my PC is about to die on me. Just started having HDD issues a week ago and it has become corrupted twice. Fixed it both times but it will be annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.