Grey p

Status
Not open for further replies.

SIDDHARTHmaitai

Distinguished
May 24, 2010
I have seen that d5000 bought in grey market is very cheep compared to the warranteed one . can anyone pliz write about ur experience about grey market product - both good and bad experience ?

Solution
Since no one else has answered this post, I will provide some information that you will find useful.

The products are exactly the same - the difference in price is due to the fact the "grey market" products do NOT come with a warranty. If anything goes wrong with the equipment, you end up with an expensive paper weight!

The failure rates of both the warranted products and the grey market products is the same (same MTBF). Consider this fact in your purchase decision.

Over the past years, I have purchased over 30 Nikon bodies and lenses, and never had any issues with them. Will I but grey market products? the answer is NO.
Since no one else has answered this post, I will provide some information that you will find useful.

The products are exactly the same - the difference in price is due to the fact the "grey market" products do NOT come with a warranty. If anything goes wrong with the equipment, you end up with an expensive paper weight!

The failure rates of both the warranted products and the grey market products is the same (same MTBF). Consider this fact in your purchase decision.

Over the past years, I have purchased over 30 Nikon bodies and lenses, and never had any issues with them. Will I but grey market products? the answer is NO.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.