Groom Updates Facebook, Twitter at Alter

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ominous prime

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2009
[citation][nom]JMcEntegart[/nom]But a DS wouldn't slap him and refuse him wedding-night sex. Only a real woman can give that kind of love.[/citation]

That made me laugh out loud Miss McEntegart.

I still feel it rather strange that they would do this during the ceremony. The marriage of two people is not something to take lightly, and I think this gag cheapened their joining. At the very most do it as a funny sort of thing after the ceremony, like a toast.

tpi2007

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2006
I would have waited to get outside the church after the ceremony, where everybody is relaxed, and the family far away surely wouldn't be pissed off if he took an additional ten minutes to update his status.

That said, when I saw the video, I understand why he did it, he was in good humour, and it goes to show that you can commit excessives when you use technology all the time; I think he also did it top show that; if he had done it ouside the church the "wow/unexpected" factor would be gone. I personally wouldn't do it, but it was funny nonetheless

FSXFan

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
My cousin got married by Elvis in Vegas and I watched it live on a webcam, it doesn't get much cheesier than that. Nobody would have expected anything less from him though, it was very fitting.

doomtomb

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
I can't think of a worse time to do this kind of thing.

"Tracy, Tracy, I'm real happy for you getting married to me and I'm -a let you finish, but Facebook/Twitter are the best social networks of all time!"

Honis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
Can you imagine the honeymoon twitters?

"I'm about to get "romatic" with my wife!"

"Sleeping on the couch in the lobby tonight, no idea why..."

athreex

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2008
hehe I can imaging the couple in the birth of their first child.

In the hospital with @TracyPage . She's about to give birth. #gonnahavebaby

Doctor told to hold her hand tight. She's pushing the creature.

Oh F*ck @TracePage is holding my hands very hard. I can see @LittleDana's head now !!.

The baby is out right now. @LittleDana is now 5 seconds old.

Now you can follow my newborn @LittleDana Tweets. #welcome

kalogagatya

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2009
(oops)

it's pretty much up to them to decide if his behavior is good or bad..
i would obviously shove the laptop up his lame arse.

probably she'll later complain that her husband gives it too much attention (more than she's getting).. and she's also to blame!

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
[citation][nom]seboj[/nom]If you watch the video, the whole thing was actually done in good humor. It may have just been a wedding-gag, as so many people are doing nowadays.Evolution of music first-dance anyone?[/citation]
I prefer the 'Baby Got Back' first dance, but thats just me. Its different when you do that at the reception. Doing this on the alter is a bit overboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.